Life is a test. We are not present on earth to just exist; we are here to learn. Life is a lesson. Love one another unconditionally. Love thyself unconditionally. We spend our whole lives learning to do this. Some succeed and some never have a clue. I'm trying. Love my fellow man. Don't react and don't always have to be right. This is one I'll have to work on for the rest of my life. Appreciate each day and recognize positive and negative as a part of life's experiences. Look around me and see life at it's best. The joys of living come as you strive to achieve your dreams. Its the quality of each day that is important, not the distant dream once achieved. Teach and nurture my children. You can never give them too much love. -Randa Jex 1/1/94

Friday, July 15

It's DUE DATE!!!

Here we are...DUE DATE!!! I had to post some pictures of the day we found out our little baby was a boy! (Thanks to Becky for capturing the moment so beautifully) I can remember that amazing moment like it was a second ago and I can't even imagine the way we will feel when we hold our little man this week.

Beyond thrilled

My Momma telling her parents


The Jex Men super excited for the first Jex baby boy.

Dad on the phone with Grandma Marilyn

Let me start by saying how thankful we are for all of you! Zach and I have been overwhelmed with messages and emails with well wishes and sweet sentiments and are so excited about how lucky Austin is to be so loved.

This morning Zach and I had a big breakfast with my parents at the Coffee Shop, it was doctor's orders to eat a good meal before the tests and I wasn't complaining! Then Mom and I headed to the hospital for the Anti-Stress test and an ultrasound. I was monitored to test things like heart rate, muscle mass and fluid levels and they also did an ultrasound to measure the baby, make sure all his limbs were moving properly and get an approximate weight. After all was said and done, they compile all the tests and assign your baby a score from 1-8.

Our little Austin is already impressing us and scored a SOLID 8!! What that means is he has more than enough fluid, muscle mass, and dexterity to continue another week if needed. He is weighing in at an approximate 8lbs 6 oz....I sure did scream when I heard this! If he has another week in there he quite possibly could gain another 1/2 lb. However the sonogram tech said this is only an estimate based on the measurements and it could be +/-1lb. I felt heavier just getting up from hearing this news.

The contractions I was having the past 36hours subsided last night and I had only a few light ones today until about an hour ago. I had one on my way home and I actually had to stop the car it was so painful. So we will see what the afternoon brings...I will be totally amazed if this baby comes on his exact due date. But baby....I am up for being amazed!

No comments: