Life is a test. We are not present on earth to just exist; we are here to learn. Life is a lesson. Love one another unconditionally. Love thyself unconditionally. We spend our whole lives learning to do this. Some succeed and some never have a clue. I'm trying. Love my fellow man. Don't react and don't always have to be right. This is one I'll have to work on for the rest of my life. Appreciate each day and recognize positive and negative as a part of life's experiences. Look around me and see life at it's best. The joys of living come as you strive to achieve your dreams. Its the quality of each day that is important, not the distant dream once achieved. Teach and nurture my children. You can never give them too much love. -Randa Jex 1/1/94

Saturday, July 9

Day 6: Countdown to Austin

On day 6 pre-baby we slept in (past 7:30am) and had a late breakfast from the Coffee Shop. The rest of the day was pretty low key and I did something I could never do with a new baby....I scrapbooked for hours! Austin's momma is slightly artsy-fartsy so a generic, store-bought baby book just wouldn't fly and thanks to nesting, Austin's baby book scrapbook is now close to 40 pages! I wish I nested right after our wedding since I have yet to choose our wedding album photos let alone scrapbook the event.

Here is a little peek into his album. I was able to use many of my blog posts over the past 9 months to chronologically journal and I highly recommend this to anyone that blogs because as I read through them, I realized how few details I remembered. I got chocked up reliving some of those emotional days!



On the agenda for Day 5..... clean up the total mess I made in the art studio.

I guess a mother's intuition doesn't take effect until the baby is actually born. I totally thought today was going to be the day I went into labor....but it wasn't. So Happy Birthday Aunt Nette, looks like today will continue to be your special day...no need to share.

We just topped of the day with a fabulous dinner prepared by my "shoulda' been a chef" husband. On the menu: Chicken breasts breaded with a secret seasoning, lightly pan fried and then baked with rosemary roasted red potatoes. Amazing.!!! Zach warned me it might make my legs swell....hahah! This deliciousness is worth the risk!

1 comment:

"McShane" said...

And Austin's baby book is officially more complete than Hunter's ;).