Life is a test. We are not present on earth to just exist; we are here to learn. Life is a lesson. Love one another unconditionally. Love thyself unconditionally. We spend our whole lives learning to do this. Some succeed and some never have a clue. I'm trying. Love my fellow man. Don't react and don't always have to be right. This is one I'll have to work on for the rest of my life. Appreciate each day and recognize positive and negative as a part of life's experiences. Look around me and see life at it's best. The joys of living come as you strive to achieve your dreams. Its the quality of each day that is important, not the distant dream once achieved. Teach and nurture my children. You can never give them too much love. -Randa Jex 1/1/94

Wednesday, July 6

Ah Sweet Relief (38 ½ weeks)

Well I didn’t produce an offspring on the Nation’s birthday like I had hoped however I am feeling better than I have in weeks. The last 2 weeks I have been struggling with uncomfortable contractions, swollen feet and ankles, and just a general feeling of blaaahhhh! Can I make that a double BLAH with a side of gross…supersized.

But Friday brought sweet relief and I started to pull a 180! My ankles and feet are totally back to normal, I have been able to exercise again, Zach and I did some major house cleaning and preparing and I feel like I did at the beginning of my 3rd trimester. I think it might be God cutting me some slack because he knows I have a rollercoaster on the horizon. So whether this is here to stay or simply just the calm before the storm, honey I will take whatever relief I can get!

Also the baby has dropped a few inches so I can breathe again! I can’t describe what a wonderful feeling this is….my lungs are in heaven. I find myself taking really deep breaths just because I can.

Special thanks to my parents, my father-in-law and my wonderful husband for spending their 4th of July with me sticking close to home. Usually this is an eventful weekend at the lake but this year they all hung out with me… swimming, eating ribs and homemade Butterfinger ice-cream, and enjoying a really great fireworks show. I realized how lucky I was to have such a loving family that made our low-key 4th of July very special. (I'll post pics as soon as I get them from my family..I don't carry a camera these days...I just look too scary!)

I go to the doctor Thursday to see what, if any, progress this little guy is making. It feels like he is just as snug as a bug in a rug and has no intentions of arriving anytime soon. Zach’s guess is the 16th and I think my guess might be the 11th but anyday now would be fine with me!!

2 comments:

Holly Aldredge said...

I think you are doing a little nesting right now and Austin will be here very soon! Cannot wait!! Thinking of y'all everyday!

"McShane" said...

I am with Holly. Relief. Energy. Cleaning. Sounds like Mr Austin could be here soon ;)