Life is a test. We are not present on earth to just exist; we are here to learn. Life is a lesson. Love one another unconditionally. Love thyself unconditionally. We spend our whole lives learning to do this. Some succeed and some never have a clue. I'm trying. Love my fellow man. Don't react and don't always have to be right. This is one I'll have to work on for the rest of my life. Appreciate each day and recognize positive and negative as a part of life's experiences. Look around me and see life at it's best. The joys of living come as you strive to achieve your dreams. Its the quality of each day that is important, not the distant dream once achieved. Teach and nurture my children. You can never give them too much love. -Randa Jex 1/1/94

Tuesday, July 26

AAJ: One Week


Our little man had his one week appointment yesterday and he's doing great! He is almost back to his birth weight which means he is getting all he needs from my milk!

Birth weight: 8lbs 4oz
Weight when we left hospital: 7lbs 10oz
Weight at 1 wk appt: 8lbs 3oz (average)

Birth Length: 20"
1 week length: 21 1/4" (above average)

Austin has been a joy. He has 2 million different faces he makes that will melt your heart including the "stank eye" and the "milk-drunk grin". He also has an assortment of adorable noises that he alternates throughout the day...our favorite is the bicycle horn. He grins a lot after eating and has giggled in his sleep three times....FREAKIN ADORABLE! He has been sleeping in his crib since day 2 and is an awesome sleeper with the exception of last night, it was a little rough but we all survived. He has taken to breast feeding like a hotdog eating champ and never misses a meal which explains how he is already back to his birth weight. I'm not gonna lie, motherhood might be the hardest thing I have ever done. It has been a painful week between trying to heal from childbirth, getting used to breast feeding, and developing a case of mastitis which brings severe chills and a spiked fever every night before I go to bed. But God is providing me with the strength, energy and tolerance of pain to get through each day. Zach has been amazing and between him and my parents, I have been able to take some time for myself.

2 comments:

Amanda Shea said...

AND you wrote a blog post!!! You are SUPER MOM!!! xoxo

The Borgman's said...

Ahhh your mastitis almost made me cry just thinking about it. Hang in there love :(