Life is a test. We are not present on earth to just exist; we are here to learn. Life is a lesson. Love one another unconditionally. Love thyself unconditionally. We spend our whole lives learning to do this. Some succeed and some never have a clue. I'm trying. Love my fellow man. Don't react and don't always have to be right. This is one I'll have to work on for the rest of my life. Appreciate each day and recognize positive and negative as a part of life's experiences. Look around me and see life at it's best. The joys of living come as you strive to achieve your dreams. Its the quality of each day that is important, not the distant dream once achieved. Teach and nurture my children. You can never give them too much love. -Randa Jex 1/1/94

Tuesday, July 12

Day 3: Countdown to Austin

I know I said I would try and do something each day pre-baby that I couldn't do once he gets here, but with a full time job that is getting harder each day. To be honest, absolutely nothing noteworthy happened yesterday except for a full days work. I guess that's something I won't be doing right after the baby... so I will count it.

As the summer heats up, it seems like the yards and flowerbeds are yearning for a drop of that sweet liquid from the sky. The dark clouds gathered over Natchez last night but to our surprise we received no rain. Instead, I began to rain, emotionally. I think I was due for a good cry and upon doing so I realized, or better yet, I was reminded of what a wonderful man I married. Sometimes you just have to let it all out for everything to make sense.

Thank you Zach for being a very supportive husband. I know I am going to find a million more reasons why you are amazing over the next few weeks when I see you as a father.


No comments: