Life is a test. We are not present on earth to just exist; we are here to learn. Life is a lesson. Love one another unconditionally. Love thyself unconditionally. We spend our whole lives learning to do this. Some succeed and some never have a clue. I'm trying. Love my fellow man. Don't react and don't always have to be right. This is one I'll have to work on for the rest of my life. Appreciate each day and recognize positive and negative as a part of life's experiences. Look around me and see life at it's best. The joys of living come as you strive to achieve your dreams. Its the quality of each day that is important, not the distant dream once achieved. Teach and nurture my children. You can never give them too much love. -Randa Jex 1/1/94

Thursday, April 28

29 Week Update

29 weeks, 11 to go. Austin is weighing in at 3 lbs and is 17" long while momma is weighing in at +17 lbs. It's hard to believe he is only a few inches shy of his birth length yet will double or triple in weight. Oh golly, help me!
No real changes on the pregnancy front but as promised, I am posting weekly pics for the next 11 weeks since this baby has some substantial growing to do. (I lied about starting to use our nice camera, it intimidates me. I will leave the photography to Zach once the bambino arrives) Yesterday I passed my Glucose Test with flying colors so we don't have to worry about gestational diabetes and I also got my RhoGam shot since I have negative blood. Lately, Austin had made his presence know, that's for sure. He river dances all around my stomach pretty much every hour or so.
We have been enjoying this awesome weather by spending many weekends in the yard. I have to admit, I will complete a project two and then I mainly watch and rock in the rocking chairs while Z finishes the hard work. But that's his request so I am glad to abide. Emma and Sydney love passing out on the front porch in the sun. They get so relaxed they often give the horse-drawn carriages a break by not barking at them like normal. I'm sure a weenie dog and a Corgi intimidate those horses so much.

In other news, Cory is still awaiting news on his fabulous job opportunity at Vandy in Nashville. I would love to have my brother and sister-in-law that much closer so I have been crossing my finders, toes and anything ease that will still cross. He is so deserving of this position and it would be his dream job in the Marine Corps. Also Mom and Dad got an offer on their house this week. It's not final, you know how contracts work but if all goes well they will have a sold sign in the yard by this weekend and the move to Natchez will be in full swing. Dad has been a nervous wreck about selling, I think I am finally starting to realize where I get my impatience from. Especially since it has only been on the market for about 20 days!

And finally, I am headed to Oxford with my girlfriends this weekend to relive the college days, minus the booze. haha. Double Decker Arts festival is this weekend and my sweet girls are throwing me a baby shower. City Grocery Shrimp and Grits, here comes mama! But first we are making a detour through Jackson to stay the night at Laura's house where we will be soaking up the fabulous footage of the Royal Wedding. Yup, that's right, hats and all. Laura says she has a special night planned. Tea and crumpets anyone??

No comments: