Life is a test. We are not present on earth to just exist; we are here to learn. Life is a lesson. Love one another unconditionally. Love thyself unconditionally. We spend our whole lives learning to do this. Some succeed and some never have a clue. I'm trying. Love my fellow man. Don't react and don't always have to be right. This is one I'll have to work on for the rest of my life. Appreciate each day and recognize positive and negative as a part of life's experiences. Look around me and see life at it's best. The joys of living come as you strive to achieve your dreams. Its the quality of each day that is important, not the distant dream once achieved. Teach and nurture my children. You can never give them too much love. -Randa Jex 1/1/94

Friday, April 22

28 Week Update

(apologies for the photography...this was in my hotel room mirror via camera phone. I promise to start posting real pictures from our nice camera)

28 week Update

How many weeks/days remaining: 12 weeks (84 days)
Expected Due Date: July 15, 2011
Next Dr. Appointment: April 27 for RhoGam Shot, blood test, and glucose test

Size of baby: A head of Cauliflower- 16” and 2.5lbs

Total Weight Gain/Loss: Gained 15lbs

Workout: Still 3 days a week but Turbo Kick is getting tougher….those kicks don’t come easy these days. I try to mainly focus on upper body and squats. Also a huge thanks to Cory, Alicia, and Aunt Nette for keeping me motivated and completing another workout bet with me. Congrats Nette, winner winner chicken dinner!

Here is a little background on what this bet is all about, these bets started with my uber fit sister-in-law Becky and her family. Then 3 years ago before my wedding I started one with all my girlfriends, then the next one some of my family joined in and this last one was all my family and some friends of the family. The bets range from 5-7 months in length and it’s a daily bet where if you miss the designated workout or forget to send your “Workout Complete” text by midnight you paid the pot, then the person with the least missed workouts at the end takes the pot o’ cash. The workouts consist of cardio, abs, and jump rope 6 days a week unless you are pregnant and then it’s all cardio 3 days a week. If anyone is interested, I want to start another bet this fall!

Movement: Tons of movement all day long but especially when I lay down. He gets the hiccups about every 2-3 days. Zach will lay his head on my stomach and talk to him at night, the baby loves this and reacts a lot. I think Zach is a little jealous that the baby can’t be in his tummy moving around, he loves feeling him move!

Pregnancy Highlights: I love always having a little buddy with me. I was traveling this week for work and I just loved my car companion (the baby), he was moving a lot and it kept me smiling on the long trip and at night in the lonely hotel rooms!

Symptoms: Aches and pains in my ligaments and the sides of stomach. Doctor says this is all very normal since the uterus is expanding and putting a lot of pressure on those round ligaments (where the leg meets the torso). I had 3 more lightheaded spells this month, nothing too dramatic just enough to make me sit down, put my feet up and eat something right away to get my blood sugar up. I’m pretty nervous about the glucose test next week since I seem to have a tough time with my blood sugar sometimes (although my doctor says that is very common)

Best Moment this week: I am finishing the nursery, FINALLY!!! (pics coming). I just have a few hours left on the painting and we are DONE. His closet is filling up quickly with the cutest stuff (no Zach, we aren’t going into credit card debt) but my associate pastor gave me all of her adorable clothes from her son who is now a toddler. Plaid church jackets, lots of overalls and smocked outfits, and swimsuits! Another blessing this week, our friends Laura and Scott welcomed Molly Elizabeth McLemore into the world on Tuesday!

I hope you have a blessed weekend. May this weekend give you reason and hope and remind us all that the blessings we experience and get to blog about all come from one place!


Thus it is written, that the Christ should suffer and on the third day rise from the dead, and that repentance and forgiveness of sins should be proclaimed in his name to all nations, beginning from Jerusalem. Luke 24:46-47

1 comment:

Chelsea L. said...

I will join the bet!! Need to do a pre-wedding workout bet!!