Life is a test. We are not present on earth to just exist; we are here to learn. Life is a lesson. Love one another unconditionally. Love thyself unconditionally. We spend our whole lives learning to do this. Some succeed and some never have a clue. I'm trying. Love my fellow man. Don't react and don't always have to be right. This is one I'll have to work on for the rest of my life. Appreciate each day and recognize positive and negative as a part of life's experiences. Look around me and see life at it's best. The joys of living come as you strive to achieve your dreams. Its the quality of each day that is important, not the distant dream once achieved. Teach and nurture my children. You can never give them too much love. -Randa Jex 1/1/94

Friday, April 8

An Exciting Week!

Well here is a rundown of this crazy busy yet productive week...

Monday night we put away all of our goodies from the baby shower in the nursery. Mom helped me wash all of the new born clothes and blankets and man did they smell good! Our little man has so many clothes, I just hope he grows slowly so he can wear all the cute outfits for a while. More pictures to come of the shower once I get them from the hostesses.
Tuesday, Zach took the Tom's challenge to go a day without shoes. I was very impressed that he did this on a Tuesday which is court day. He said it was perfect timing because it was guaranteed to be noticed and make a statement. So off he went, Shoeless Jex, to work, lunch downtown, and even looked at a business property with a realtor. Hahaha he was a site to see. After a long foot soak and cleaning, I allowed him to get into bed that night.

Wednesday, mom looked at more houses, visited banks, visited the chamber, and all the other things newcomers do. We all met for lunch at Mammy's to grab a delicious lunch and regroup. That afternoon is when we found the house I blogged about yesterday. After a long tour, she knew it was perfect for her, dad, and the pups!

Thursday was an action packed day! Happy Birthday to our nephew Nolan, he turned the big 8! Thursday afternoon we celebrated the good news that Apple approved and launched Zach's iVite app. Zach has been working so hard day and night for 3 1/2 months with his developers in Russia to build this awesome app. If you have ever used evite, it is very similar but for phones. You can use it to send reminders and invitations to your friends, family, and co-workers. I send reminders to Zach for things like "pick up milk", "lunch with friends at Pearl Street", or "trip to Houston" and then set a time to alert him in advance and notes if needed. It is so neat and very handy! If you have an iPhone you can get it here. The basic version is free and the premium version is $1.99. The Andriod app will follow. A little brag on Zach, he did all the design for the app. It looks great! He has a few other apps in the works so stay tuned, 2011 will be an exciting year.
Also we met with the owners of the house and agreed on terms of a contract. Then we had our awesome family attorney, Shoeless Jex, draft the contract. Within a few hours the contract was complete. That evening mom took me and Zach for a "thank you" dinner at 1818, the restaurant in Monmouth. It was nothing short of divine and the perfect way to celebrate so many exciting things that happened this week. We ended the night with white chocolate bread pudding and a bottle of wine. Here we are, all grinning ear to ear! (Don't freak out... the waiter poured wine in my glass but I wasn't drinking it)Friday is finally here and I am ready for a relaxing weekend. This morning Mom signed the contract on the house and headed back to Houston. I am getting so spoiled having her here and I can't wait until it's permanent. She wouldn't let me lift a finger and it was so nice to have an extra set of hands around the house, she even went grocery shopping for us! I have been out of town so much I think I will actually take time this weekend to just relax, go to the lake and do a little artwork for the nursery so it will finally be finished.

So in case you were wondering what our baby boy was doing all week while we were all 90 to nothing....he decided it was time to grow and show off!! I have gained 5lbs in the last 2 weeks and that includes a legit belly bump! This boy is getting really big and I feel bigger each day but I don't mind it just as long as he is healthy and happy in there!! I can now feel a big head or rear bulging out the sides of my stomach!

Wow, I am exhausted just recapping the week. Happy weekend everyone!

No comments: