Life is a test. We are not present on earth to just exist; we are here to learn. Life is a lesson. Love one another unconditionally. Love thyself unconditionally. We spend our whole lives learning to do this. Some succeed and some never have a clue. I'm trying. Love my fellow man. Don't react and don't always have to be right. This is one I'll have to work on for the rest of my life. Appreciate each day and recognize positive and negative as a part of life's experiences. Look around me and see life at it's best. The joys of living come as you strive to achieve your dreams. Its the quality of each day that is important, not the distant dream once achieved. Teach and nurture my children. You can never give them too much love. -Randa Jex 1/1/94

Friday, April 15

Kingwood Shower April 2, 2011

The 4 generations: Marilyn, Shannon, Baby J, Lynell, and Evelyn




The adorable wreath Ruth gave us for the hospital and nursery door! The lamb is a Scentsy lamb so it makes the nursery smell so good.

I am still waiting on some pictures from friends of the shower but I wanted to go ahead and blog about this so I didn't forget. What a gorgeous weekend to spend with family and friends in Houston. Friday morning Mom and I met Lauren, Deb, and Hunter at the salon to be pampered hand to toe, followed by a beautiful lunch outside by the lake. It was a fabulous afternoon and I treasure the time I get to spend with Lauren and sweet Hunter. I really miss her but when we get together it's just like old times...well old times plus an 18 month old and 2 buns in the oven. I also got the treat of seeing Lisha and Mrs. Anne that afternoon, who arrived with more treats in toe. Everytime I see these crazy ladies they bring adorable gifts for our little man! They are spoiling him, and I LOVE IT! That evening I met mom, dad, and all of my grandparents for dinner. It was great and I just love hearing my grandmothers talk about when they were pregnant. It was a totally different world then however we had so many things in common. Priceless moments I will cherish forever!
Okay okay onto the shower. I had a blast catching up with all our Houston folks! Some I have not seen in years and I wish I had hours to spend with each one of them. I was overwhelmed with all the sweet gifts we were given. Outfits for days, books for days (yippee!!!), handmade monogrammed burp clothes that had been individually prayed over.....seriously I was blown away by the thoughtful gifts. Also, I received 2 very special outfits. An outfit my grandfather bought in Germany during Vietnam. Ebby was pregnant with mom so he bought a girl and a boy outfit since they didn't know what they were having. He was at war when mom was born so he did not meet his baby daughter until she was 9 months old, can you believe that. It makes you feel so fortunate to live in an age of great technology where soldiers can meet their babies via Skype or FaceTime. Also Alicia and Cory gave me a box that contained Something Old, Something New, Something Borrowed and when he is born he will get the something Blue. Something old was an adorable smocked romper that Nathan wore, something new was a set of adorable sock/shoes, and the something borrowed was a double breast pump! My brother can only refer to it as a "milk collection device" since he is still in denial that yes his sister does in fact have breasts. What a fabulous and creative gift!And if you know me, you know everything already has a place in the nursery and the newborn clothes are already washed (with sweet smelling Dreft) and tucked away!

Thank you so much to all of our friends in Texas that came to the shower, showing us more love and support than we could ever hope for. This baby will be so loved.

No comments: