Life is a test. We are not present on earth to just exist; we are here to learn. Life is a lesson. Love one another unconditionally. Love thyself unconditionally. We spend our whole lives learning to do this. Some succeed and some never have a clue. I'm trying. Love my fellow man. Don't react and don't always have to be right. This is one I'll have to work on for the rest of my life. Appreciate each day and recognize positive and negative as a part of life's experiences. Look around me and see life at it's best. The joys of living come as you strive to achieve your dreams. Its the quality of each day that is important, not the distant dream once achieved. Teach and nurture my children. You can never give them too much love. -Randa Jex 1/1/94

Monday, February 4

Austin & Mommy Weekend

Zach went to Austin this weekend to finalize the PushLocal franchise contracts (more on that exciting news later) and Austin and I got to spend the weekend together!  He is so sweet and loving when it's just us and I am trying to savor these last few months with my only child. But I am not gonna lie, without the help of Mom and Dad I wouldn't have made it through the weekend, entertaining your baby while making a baby is hard work.
Saying hi to Daddy

We had a great weekend and the most exciting part was transitioning Austin to his big boy bed.  I was waiting for this weekend when Z was out of town in case this process went downhill then only one of us would be sleep deprived.

Putting the bed together- so exciting when you're 3' tall!

Recently Austin thinks it is really cute to snuggle up under the covers in our bed and lay on the pillow.  He makes a big deal that daddy and I are right next to him.  If I am doing something in the room he will say "momma....sit" and point to the bed.  Then he loves to just snuggle while watching TV and will sometimes reach out his arms and put them on Zach's chest and say "dadda" just making sure he is still right there next to him.  Then after a little bit he will say "Nite-Nite"  and he is ready to go to his room.  Well Friday instead of reading books in the rocker, we got in his new bed to read and then I told him it was time to go to sleep.  He grabbed Duckie and laid his head on his pillow (first night to have a pillow) and asked for his covers (first night to have covers).  To my surprise, he actually went to sleep......and stayed there!  WOW!! I was completely prepared for a screaming child beating at the door but instead God blessed me with the most easy going child ever.  Just like giving up the paci, he said so long to the crib like a champ!


You want to know what I did the entire first night- stared at this screen- seriously every hour I would wake up just to look over at the monitor to make sure I saw his little feet.  I felt like a new mom bringing a baby home from the hospital and checking to make sure it's still breathing.

Then, like clockwork, at his usual time the next morning I heard him start to stir.  He got his Noah book and read it for a few minutes and then went to the door and cried out.  The next night he did great too, this time when he woke up he stayed in bed and just hollered "Momma", and same with this morning.
This is him on morning 3- sitting up saying "momma"

So we are officially crib-broken and the crib is in the new nursery so there is no turning back now.

Back to our adventures this weekend while we had some gorgeous weather-


Look at my awesome mom crawling through the playground with Austin since obviously that is out of the question for me.  She is such a fun Grammy!
We went to the park with Grammy and had a big time....until the ants attacked him, twice.  We had to rip off his pants and shoes the first time and the second time the poor guy was down to just a diaper.  I think the way mom and I reacted immediately when we saw the ants all over him scared him much more than the ant bites.  He cried until we hugged him.  It's true what they say- a child looks to your reaction when they get hurt to see how upset they should be.

Here is the naked patient in the car after being rubbed with Benadryl cream and getting a treat for putting up with his loony mommy and Grammy- Fig Newtons, his favorite "too-tee".

 We also walked Grammy and Papa's dogs this weekend-- let me clarify- Austin walked each of them all by himself.  He insists you do not help him hold the leash, because after-all he sleeps in a bed...he is a big independent boy.





Mom and dad came over to help put the crib in the nursery and they cooked us a great dinner out at their house.

Sunday we had a great Sunday School lesson, I feel so blessed that my parents live here because I get to attend Dad's class and he is an awesome teacher.  Everyone seems to love his "never-boring/make you think/packed with humor" teaching style.

Austin and I went to a Super Bowl party at our friends house and Austin had the time of his life running around with all the kids.  He didn't want to leave but after bribing him with a cookie and getting to see daddy arrive home he was excited to go.  I don't think I can put into words Austin's sheer excitement when he saw Daddy walk up the stairs.  It's those moments when you feel so blessed with your little life and those in it.



No comments: