Life is a test. We are not present on earth to just exist; we are here to learn. Life is a lesson. Love one another unconditionally. Love thyself unconditionally. We spend our whole lives learning to do this. Some succeed and some never have a clue. I'm trying. Love my fellow man. Don't react and don't always have to be right. This is one I'll have to work on for the rest of my life. Appreciate each day and recognize positive and negative as a part of life's experiences. Look around me and see life at it's best. The joys of living come as you strive to achieve your dreams. Its the quality of each day that is important, not the distant dream once achieved. Teach and nurture my children. You can never give them too much love. -Randa Jex 1/1/94

Thursday, February 14

Happy Valentine's Day!


I am sure I didn’t always say this but I love Valentine’s Day!!  I love that it is based on nothing but love and its pretty low key.   Around our house- no extravagant gifts are exchanged which means zero stress and all joy J  

When you have kids, you enter the club where romantic holidays now include a plus 1 (or a plus 2,3,4…) and I think there is no sweeter way to spend it!   This is the 2nd year in a row we will be doing dinner with my parents, so that means +3 ½ for me and Zach!   Mom said steaks and ice cream cake are on the menu….say no more, just tell me when and where!

Here are Austin’s Valentine pics I tried to snap before breakfast.  As you can tell he is totally hamming it up since he thought we were going to FaceTime with Grammy and Papa.  I have to confess, sometimes when I want him to smile for the camera, I name drop.  Yeah I know it’s awful but “smile for Grammy” saves a lot of time!
Then he asked to “dwaw in chaaa” (draw in his chair)… I would like to think he’s writing me a love note….in french!  Most likely it’s for Mooee (Molly Mc. -his favorite girl at daycare) since right after he drew this he walked to the front door and said “scoo, baac paac, Mooee” which is Austin for “school, backpack, Molly”.

Zach made me the most incredible Valentine breakfast omelet this morning! Hope everyone is having a wonderful Valentine’s Day and I know some of you might not be with your sweetie today due to distance but I hope everyday feels as special as Feb.14. 

Sweet cousin Jules--- I am sorry I meant Ariel-- sent Austin a Valentine pic all dolled up!

  I know around my house, a certain someone makes me feel like his Valentine every day.  I feel very blessed to have found my permanent Valentine, Zach!  Oh and I just got this text from him- so it looks like we will be having lunch +0!  How exciting! Then it’s off to the dr. to check on our Baby Girl!


No comments: