Life is a test. We are not present on earth to just exist; we are here to learn. Life is a lesson. Love one another unconditionally. Love thyself unconditionally. We spend our whole lives learning to do this. Some succeed and some never have a clue. I'm trying. Love my fellow man. Don't react and don't always have to be right. This is one I'll have to work on for the rest of my life. Appreciate each day and recognize positive and negative as a part of life's experiences. Look around me and see life at it's best. The joys of living come as you strive to achieve your dreams. Its the quality of each day that is important, not the distant dream once achieved. Teach and nurture my children. You can never give them too much love. -Randa Jex 1/1/94

Thursday, February 14

Valentine's addendum....

I'm back to add to the previous Valentine's post because lunch was just too special to go un-blogged.  Per the post below, I was invited via text to a lunch date at the Castle.  We walk in to find a table waiting on us and gorgeous flowers as the centerpiece.  Absent-minded-preggo-brain over here totally thought Dunleith decorated every table this nicely for Valentine's Day until my patent husband said, so....you like the flowers?

Ah I loved them and they were ALL MINE!  There was the sweetest little note tucked in....  (yeah I totally teared up) 


He asked me to read the greeting card on the table but I told him after the flowers/note he had to give me a minute....I would get emotional if I read it all at once.  We had a fabulous lunch and he asked the waitress if she would bring us dessert.  As anyone close to me knows, I crave anything gummy when pregnant.  The waitress walks out smiling with this plate, dressed up with a doilie and gummy cherries.  I could see the other waitresses watching and giggling because I can promise you that is the first and only time they have seen gummy snacks served at this fine-dining venue!


Zach made the day so special and I told him what really made me so happy is the thought he puts into everything he does for us.  His momma raised him right because that is exactly how she was.

No comments: