Life is a test. We are not present on earth to just exist; we are here to learn. Life is a lesson. Love one another unconditionally. Love thyself unconditionally. We spend our whole lives learning to do this. Some succeed and some never have a clue. I'm trying. Love my fellow man. Don't react and don't always have to be right. This is one I'll have to work on for the rest of my life. Appreciate each day and recognize positive and negative as a part of life's experiences. Look around me and see life at it's best. The joys of living come as you strive to achieve your dreams. Its the quality of each day that is important, not the distant dream once achieved. Teach and nurture my children. You can never give them too much love. -Randa Jex 1/1/94

Tuesday, May 22

Thirty and Thriving!

Well Mom informed me this morning that she tried all letters and "Dirty" and "Flirty" were in fact the only 2 words the rhyme with thirty.  So here I am on my Flirty Dirty 30.... excited to embark on the next decade.

I can tell you as of this moment, I couldn't ask for a more blessed existence.  My 20's encompassed so many life-changing experiences and I can't believe how much I packed into those 10 years when I think through the events.  I truly believe that age is only a number.  I look at my friend Shannon that teaches my TurboKick class, she is 10 years older than me and kicks my butt daily like she is 15 years younger than me.  She reminds me everyday, you are as old as you feel and I plan to feel great this decade.

So not to spoil my candle-blowing wish but I wish for a healthy mind and body, a faithful heart, endless creativity, a childlike spirit and many babies (sorry Zach). I feel like you spend your 20s roaming, exploring, searching and building your confidence and your foundation to thrive the following decade...therefore....

CHEERS to the THRIVING THIRTIES!

No comments: