Life is a test. We are not present on earth to just exist; we are here to learn. Life is a lesson. Love one another unconditionally. Love thyself unconditionally. We spend our whole lives learning to do this. Some succeed and some never have a clue. I'm trying. Love my fellow man. Don't react and don't always have to be right. This is one I'll have to work on for the rest of my life. Appreciate each day and recognize positive and negative as a part of life's experiences. Look around me and see life at it's best. The joys of living come as you strive to achieve your dreams. Its the quality of each day that is important, not the distant dream once achieved. Teach and nurture my children. You can never give them too much love. -Randa Jex 1/1/94

Tuesday, May 22

SURPRISE!!

What a great night!  I thought we were going to Mom and Dad's house for dinner and wine and a low key evening since I have to leave town super early in the morning on business....instead I arrived to a room packed full of friends and family!  What a wonderful surprise and I just stood there in shock trying not to burst into tears.  Feeling so much love just overwhelms me...I wish I was better in surprise situations but I just stand there frozen in time (like when Zach proposed and had to ask twice).  I quickly snapped out of it as soon as I heard Austin burst into tears too, I think everyone yelling surprise was a little overwhelming for my calm natured little baybo.

The night was awesome and I got to spend time with the people I love and it meant so much to me that everyone went to so much trouble to make this day so special.  Mom and Dad had 30 cupcakes lined up on the table in a big 3-0 as well as drinks and dinner catered in.  WOW!  A special thank you to Steve and Sue for driving all that way just for the party and thank you to Zach, Mom and Dad for being such sneaky devils and pulling this off.

We ended the night with the family on the porch of Mom and Dad's house laughing with Austin.  This night will definitely go into the book of special memories.

1 comment:

"McShane" said...

Seriously, hearing your voice on that just made my day. For no reason beyond that it is your voice. A reminder of how much I love you girl. . .Now, to plan our next reunion!