Life is a test. We are not present on earth to just exist; we are here to learn. Life is a lesson. Love one another unconditionally. Love thyself unconditionally. We spend our whole lives learning to do this. Some succeed and some never have a clue. I'm trying. Love my fellow man. Don't react and don't always have to be right. This is one I'll have to work on for the rest of my life. Appreciate each day and recognize positive and negative as a part of life's experiences. Look around me and see life at it's best. The joys of living come as you strive to achieve your dreams. Its the quality of each day that is important, not the distant dream once achieved. Teach and nurture my children. You can never give them too much love. -Randa Jex 1/1/94

Tuesday, October 23

"Sweetpea" Updates

I feel really bad that it has taken me over a week to post this update on Sweetpea (aka baby 2.0). I feel like I had blogged by the time I got home from the appointment the first time around but that is because these days I am time-poor with a toddler running around. But I promised myself not to make excuses and make sure I do everything for Sweatpea (or close to) that I did for Austin.

So let's rewind and here is the update from the 9 week appointment and the 13 week appointment. The comments in RED are the notes from the corresponding weeks from when I was pregnant with Austin for the sake of comparing. In my mind Austin's pregnancy was a breeze compared to this one but I am sure I just conveniently forgot all the bad stuff.
9wk Side View "Hi Mom"

9wk Front View of the Gummy Bear "Hi Dad"

9wk Heartbeat (most beautiful sound ever) 164bpm

September 17, 2012: 9 Week Appointment
Expected Due Date: April 22, 2013
Next Dr. Appointment: October 15...second sonogram!
Size of baby: Sweatpea is the size of a prune...1.5"
Doc Says: Heartbeat is 164 BPM (great) and body is measuring 9 weeks. 
Total Weight Gain/Loss: No weight loss/gain.
With Austin: Lost 1.5lbs but don't you worry I have been eating like a 300lb truck driver. My theory is this lil baby must be a Jex Boy and requires A LOT of nourishment just like his daddy.

Maternity Clothes:
Not yet.
With Austin: Not needed yet

Gender:
??
Sickness:
Not much, some stomach aches at night.

With Austin: I don't always feel so fabulous right before I go to bed but wake up feeling normal.

Workout: Maybe get in one workout a week, I have been working way too much and got super lazy. 
With Austin: Working out 3-4 times a week. Still doing Turbo Kick but at a much lower intensity than I used to. Would love to still be running but it is way too cold outside!

Movement: Not yet
With Austin: Won't have any for a while...Sweet Pea is too small.

Sleep:
Too much, I am falling asleep everywhere.
With Austin: Like a log as always.

Pregnancy Highlights: Not too many symptoms, didn’t think it was real until the appointment.
With Austin:  It's been great so far, if all of my pregnancies are like this I might have 10 kids.

What I miss: Never really started drinking caffeine again after Austin so I don’t miss it.
With Austin: Clear skin. Sometimes I miss Dr. Pepper and Sweet Tea, I gave up caffeine altogether.

Cravings/Aversions: Baked Potatoes and Cheetos!
I crave Baked Potatoes- I literally could have them for every meal. Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwiches are always yummy in fact I have one every night as my second dinner. I cannot stand the sight of grilled chicken or fish.

Symptoms: Light headed, tired, Broken out skin (that was the first indication I was preggo)
With Austin: Hunger, Bust has grown a size-boooo! Sleepiness- not during the day but around 9pm I feel like I have been drugged...I was a night owl, not anymore.

Best Moment this week: Going to the doctor and seeing the baby and finally being able to confirm we have another miracle on the way!  This baby was such a surprise that for the last 5 weeks since the positive test at the doctor’s office I have been so nervous/hopeful/skeptical.

13wk Side View- Precious Profile
13 wk Front View- "Hi Big Brother"
 
13wk Heartbeat- 146bpm

Waving Hi!
 
October 15, 2012: 13 Week Appointment (2nd Trimester!!)
Expected Due Date: April 22, 2013
Next Dr. Appointment: November 12
Size of baby: Sweetpea is the size of a peach!
Doc Says: Heartbeat is 146 BPM (great) and the baby is measuring right on time. 

Total Weight Gain/Loss: Gained 3 lbs (not sure if I should attribute that to lack of exercise and poor eating or is it legitimately the baby??)
With Austin: Gained 1/2lb!!!!!I have worked hard for that ½ lb too.

Maternity Clothes: Pants are really snug so I wear dresses all the time, can’t wear button up shorts anymore.  So I guess the answer is yes.
With Austin: Not yet

Gender: ??  (First I wanted another boy so we could have a Zach/Kellen repeat, now I am not sure I ever want to be pregnant again so I want a girl to complete the ratio.)
Sickness: 1st Tri was AWFUL, never actually got sick but felt nauseated all day every day.  Bad headaches, really tired and sick to my stomach after meals.  Starting to feel more human lately.
With Austin: As of NYE I have been feeling great!

Workout: Rare if any.  We go to running club once a week but I don’t do the full run. I am starting to consider chasing Austin my workout.  I know that is pitiful but I have felt terrible. Hope to get active soon!  I don’t feel like myself.
With Austin: Working out 3 times a week…can’t wait for spring to be here so I can get out and run/walk again!

Movement: I have felt strong flutters.
With Austin: Not yet.

 Sleep: I think I am narcoleptic. It’s pitiful.
With Austin: Sleeping well!

Pregnancy Highlights: None yet, this one is a doozy. My teenager skin cleared up, I guess you could call that a win.

With Austin: Being able to eat more than normal and actually wanting to gain weight!

What I miss: Having the energy/drive to workout, feeling normal.
With Austin: Still miss that clear skin...but it is getting better.

Cravings/Aversions: Nothing stands out at this point.
With Austin: Bagels, Baked Potatoes, Fruit, Sushi (only the cooked rolls I know!) and Hummus w/ Pita Bread (yeah I know it’s crazy)

Symptoms: Big ole’ boobs, stomach is expanding faster, tired, light headed
With Austin: I feel pretty normal at the moment (Thank God!)

Best Moment this week: Seeing Austin interact with his cousin Julia Claire and other kids and thinking how much he is going to love having a sibling.  He loves kids and plays so well with others.  He is gentle and shares.














No comments: