Life is a test. We are not present on earth to just exist; we are here to learn. Life is a lesson. Love one another unconditionally. Love thyself unconditionally. We spend our whole lives learning to do this. Some succeed and some never have a clue. I'm trying. Love my fellow man. Don't react and don't always have to be right. This is one I'll have to work on for the rest of my life. Appreciate each day and recognize positive and negative as a part of life's experiences. Look around me and see life at it's best. The joys of living come as you strive to achieve your dreams. Its the quality of each day that is important, not the distant dream once achieved. Teach and nurture my children. You can never give them too much love. -Randa Jex 1/1/94

Tuesday, August 28

Blessings of the Backpacks


Our church has a tradition of bringing all the kids up to the alter and blessing their backpacks in preparation of going back to school.  From pre-school to college age, the kids march up there with their adorable backpacks on…some backpacks look larger than the kid wearing them. We decided Austin should have his backpack blessed too even if he isn’t in “real” school yet.  He walked up there like a big boy and stood there the entire time wearing his backpack like a champ.  He was so mesmerized with all the kids I could have made him wear sunglasses, a sombrero and a tutu and he wouldn’t have noticed.  Not sure if I told you yet but Austin LOVES other kids.  He will stop eating at restaurants and just watch kids at another table. 
Getting handsome for the ladies
Sorry most of my pics of him are blurry these days since he is always on the move.




The first time I got to see him walk!

Totally tuckered out at lunch from all the walking

No comments: