Life is a test. We are not present on earth to just exist; we are here to learn. Life is a lesson. Love one another unconditionally. Love thyself unconditionally. We spend our whole lives learning to do this. Some succeed and some never have a clue. I'm trying. Love my fellow man. Don't react and don't always have to be right. This is one I'll have to work on for the rest of my life. Appreciate each day and recognize positive and negative as a part of life's experiences. Look around me and see life at it's best. The joys of living come as you strive to achieve your dreams. Its the quality of each day that is important, not the distant dream once achieved. Teach and nurture my children. You can never give them too much love. -Randa Jex 1/1/94

Monday, August 27

4th of July


Every 4th of July the available family members meet out at Lake Athens to celebrate independence in typical style- eat way too much, swim and play on the lake, and a giant fireworks show.  This year was really special not only because I hadn’t been to the family 4th in 2 years due to work and being 9 months pregnant but more importantly because it was Austin’s first summer trip to the lake. He loved splashing in the water, playing on the sand and napping outside in the breeze.  It was a beautiful week to be there and we couldn’t have asked for more perfect weather and better company.
Ebby decked out the house with baby toys and Austin was in heaven.  The entire coffee table was covered with toys and stuffed animals.  We also celebrated Austin’s birthday a little early with the family. 
Austin was surrounded by so much love this week and we are so blessed to have such an awesome family that makes a point to come together each year to spend time together. 
Loved looking out the window

I took his swim diaper off to see if he would feel more fee but his tiny lil waist wouldn't hold his shorts up.
  
Grandma Ebby has that special touch
Chillin in the lake with Papa
Ebby teaching me how to walk


Chillin with MY girls
Napping on Ebby

Just got back from racing Grammy on the Jet Skis



I'm ready to party!!!!
Celebrating my birthday (early) on the 4th of July!  Here I am sporting 1/2 of my clark kent get-up.

No comments: