Life is a test. We are not present on earth to just exist; we are here to learn. Life is a lesson. Love one another unconditionally. Love thyself unconditionally. We spend our whole lives learning to do this. Some succeed and some never have a clue. I'm trying. Love my fellow man. Don't react and don't always have to be right. This is one I'll have to work on for the rest of my life. Appreciate each day and recognize positive and negative as a part of life's experiences. Look around me and see life at it's best. The joys of living come as you strive to achieve your dreams. Its the quality of each day that is important, not the distant dream once achieved. Teach and nurture my children. You can never give them too much love. -Randa Jex 1/1/94

Monday, January 14

Christmas

Christmas Eve...

This Christmas was wonderful for so many reasons.  First, ever since Mom and Dad moved here our highly coveted days off are not spent on the road traveling which is such a huge blessing.  Finishing construction in the new nursery was delayed due to all the rain we were getting so Dad gave us one of the B&B’s for the Jexes to stay in and it worked out perfectly having them just a few streets away.


Although it felt nothing like Christmas Eve outside with the humid 75 degree weather, we enjoyed the day by cooking, taking a wagon/dog walk to the Malt Shop, and then the traditional Christmas Eve gathering at the McCullough’s where we catch up with good friends that have become like family over the years, and eat/drink from a beautiful spread of delicious food and winter drinks.
Our handsome boy on Christmas Eve
Our Christmas Eve Service was beautiful as always and I got Austin from the nursery right in time for Silent Night.  The entire congregation lights a candle and walks outside to the front steps of the church while singing Silent Night.   Austin was in complete awe the entire time seeing the candle light and singing and he even got his own battery operated candle to hold.  This was one of my favorite traditions in my church I grew up in back in Kingwood so I love that our Church here does it too.

Christmas morning...
Sending love to Afghanistan 
Trying to decide what to open first
My hubby's gorgeous wrapping job!

Pure Joy
Christmas morning was so special.  Since the Jexes were in the B&B down the street and my parents were at their house, we spent the early morning as a little family sharing our special gifts, drinking coffee, and having breakfast together.  My favorite part of Christmas morning is sitting on the couch in our PJs opening our stocking.  Zach stuffs mine full of the most random stuff and it is so much fun seeing what comes next, this year he tucked a very special gift down in the toe!  Then I put out a a full breakfast and finger foods or as I call it “grazing food” and everyone came over to hang out.  Zach and I prepared a roast dinner with the entire family which is pretty much the only day of the year I set the entire dining table- this year we had 13.  I laughed just thinking of Christmas dinner 3 years ago- we hosted 19 and I had the table and house totally done up complete with custom hand-painted ornaments at each place setting--- wow, I can’t even remember having that much free time before kids and I laugh knowing I will not be hosting anything of that caliber again until probably when the kids come home from college and maybe not even then.
Batman came to the party! c/o Aunt Becky
Everyone loved the jam session!
Christmas night was perfectly relaxing as we sat around listening to Zach and Kellen play the guitars, Becky snapped pictures, and Austin danced in the kitchen with the family and at the end of every song signed “more, more”.  Abby, Hayden, and Julia Claire were busy reading books on their Kindles and playing with the puppies. Sue and Mom were superheros like always and washed all the dishes as I drank my weight in Mom’s Apple Cider and Dad enjoyed my famous Chocolate Pecan Pie. I felt so fortunate to have everyone in the family healthy and happy even if we couldn't all be together. I wish I had gotten more pictures of the day but we were too busy enjoying every moment, inside since we had a downpour the entire day.

One of my favorites!  c/o Aunt Becky
Hayden and Abby snuck off to the study for some piece and quiet!  c/o Aunt Becky

Hayden, Abby, and Julia Claire just chillin
One of his favorites- a board of lock and latches
Action shot: Dancing with G-Pa

No comments: