In the famous words of our family friend Lisa Horack...."WHAT FUN!"
Austin is just that, a fun and funny little man! Some things he has been doing in November at 16 months old:
- Sleeps from 7:30pm-7:30am
- Takes 4 sippy cups a day of Vitamin D milk (doesn't always drink entire cup- usually 6oz)
- Loves bananas, chicken salad, grapes, bread, Life cereal, pancakes, peaches, apple juice. Not into veggies right now as much as I try.
- Bursts of energy and conversation! Walks around the house giggling and talking really loud and screeching with excitement.
- Sydney takes her food into another room to chew it and he follows her from her bowl to the dining room- repeat about 500x.
- His new "job" is to feed the dogs. He stand patiently (as he screaches with joy and claps his hands and stomps his feet) at the drawer where we keep the dog food. We scoop it and he delivers it to each bowl. Then he "helps" carry the gallon jug to each water bowl.
- His favorite song right now is "Itsy Bitsy Spider" he sticks his 2 index finders out trying to make his spider, sticks his hands straight up and then lowers them down for "down came the rain...", sticks his hands stright up and wiggles his fingers for "out came the sun", and repeats his spider at the end. Then claps like crazy at the end and wants to do it again.
- Says "bayybee" all the time and will lift up my shirt to point to my tummy. Last night I said "Can you kiss the baby" and he leaned over, pulled up my shirt and kissed my belly.
- LOVES when daddy plays the guitar. He dances and claps before Zach even begins. Then he stands there mesmorized as Zach plays and sings.
- Still loves trucks and hot air balloons.
- Says "Ooh-rah" the Marine's battle cry in honor of Uncle Cory
- Is starting to put together different syllables for multi-syllable words. It's not just Pa-Pa or Da-Da now he says "Sissna" (Sydney), "Ooh-rah", "Baybee" (Baby), "Grammy" (only said 2x but Grammy is really excited!),
- He repeats every name after you say it in our family book. Or at least tries to sound it out, his favorite is Aunt B...he says Bbbbbbbbb.
- Loves to get on his stool and look out the living room window for Brulee, our neighbor's dog. Will stand then for long periods of time looking for him. Says "boooooo" or "Boooo-ayyy" for Brulee.
- Still loves his darn paci, even more now that he's getting a lot of teeth. We will be breaking him of the paci once the molars are in.
- Loves to read books. Sometimes he brings them to you and crawls in your lap to read and other times he crawls in his chair and "reads" them to himself.
- He is a dare devil and not afraid of much. The vacuum and car alarms or load car noises in close range are the only things that really bother him.
- Favorite toys- golf clubs, Frosty the Snowman singing/dancing doll, blocks, cars, Powerwheel