Life is a test. We are not present on earth to just exist; we are here to learn. Life is a lesson. Love one another unconditionally. Love thyself unconditionally. We spend our whole lives learning to do this. Some succeed and some never have a clue. I'm trying. Love my fellow man. Don't react and don't always have to be right. This is one I'll have to work on for the rest of my life. Appreciate each day and recognize positive and negative as a part of life's experiences. Look around me and see life at it's best. The joys of living come as you strive to achieve your dreams. Its the quality of each day that is important, not the distant dream once achieved. Teach and nurture my children. You can never give them too much love. -Randa Jex 1/1/94

Wednesday, June 22

Welcome to Natchez Dale & Lynell!!!

Moving day....
truck arrived at 9:15am....
rain arrived at 9:20am (boo!)...
truck left at 9pm 18,000 lbs lighter (seriously, they weighed the truck!)
But it ended up being a really nice day around 11am. Overcast and cooler than normal- perfect moving conditions!
Here is Theodore wandering around the house looking for mom. The pups were so confused but once the living room rug came in, they rolled around on the familiar smell and finally took a nap.
So they have officially moved to Mississippi! You can’t imagine how happy it makes me to say those words. I know I would be a lot more nervous right now about the baby if it wasn't for the peace I get knowing Mom and Dad will be here to help us. It might be as small as walking our sad and neglected dogs, washing towels or cooking dinner but it will make a world of difference to us as we try and settle in with our little man. My grandparents are coming to Natchez tonight to help them get settled- mom and grandma are super-duper organizers so I can't wait to see the house transform into a home. Also papa is bringing the family cradle that he made for Aunt Lynette's babies and then refinished it so we could use it for Austin! We are so excited. Speaking of organized, here is some of my mom's handiwork....she had drawn diagrams of the upstairs and downstairs for the movers and then each room had a sign on the door so they could easily differentiate the attic from the kitchen. Just in case they got confused :) Just picking on you mom...that is a great idea!

I pulled a mean trick on one of the movers. The guys were so nice and one stopped to chat with me and asked "When are you due"...I replied "Due for what?" and gave him a blank stare. His face dropped and I could tell he wanted to crawl into the cardboard box he was carrying. Then I gave him a big smile and told him I was just kidding and that our baby would be here in 2-3 weeks. He looked so relieved and I couldn't help but laugh. That trick just won't get old. Oh but I'm sure I will get a taste of my own medicine when someone asks me that question a month after the baby is born. Ouch!

Everyone has been so nice to Mom & Dad! We met their nextdoor neighbor and their across the street neighbor Smokey. Your typical southern men sitting on Smokey's front porch enjoying a glass of whiskey under the stars. Then a couple we go to church will delivered dinner and dessert to their house last night. People are so thoughtful!

What is my role in all of this chaos, you ask?? Well I have a rolley chair and a foot stool that I direct from. I will assemble a lamp here and there but mostly I just give my decorating advice on where certain pieces of furniture should go. I know it sounds great, not having to lift a finger and just giving orders, but it is so hard for me not to dive in and help move boxes and furniture. I actually started to help a little and then my legs and ankles began to swell like hotdogs on the grill. No kidding, you could press you fingers into my ankles and leave a 1/4" indention. That is when I decided, and was instructed by Mom & Dad, to sit down and stay there.

No comments: