Life is a test. We are not present on earth to just exist; we are here to learn. Life is a lesson. Love one another unconditionally. Love thyself unconditionally. We spend our whole lives learning to do this. Some succeed and some never have a clue. I'm trying. Love my fellow man. Don't react and don't always have to be right. This is one I'll have to work on for the rest of my life. Appreciate each day and recognize positive and negative as a part of life's experiences. Look around me and see life at it's best. The joys of living come as you strive to achieve your dreams. Its the quality of each day that is important, not the distant dream once achieved. Teach and nurture my children. You can never give them too much love. -Randa Jex 1/1/94

Wednesday, June 22

37 Week Update

Before I begin Austin's update I am so excited that we found out Austin will have 3 little girlfriends on the way! My best buddy and her hubby found out they are having another girl in early November! Congrats Lauren and Brandon!! Then our friends Lauren and Wes found out baby #2 is going to be a girl, also due in November. Then to top off the girl streak, our friends Laura and John found out they will be welcoming a girl in November as well....and have already decided on a name and I am totally obsessed with it....Quinn! I think it's so unique and beautiful (just like her mommy!) Austin is really excited that he will have so many lovely ladies in his life!

So here I am at 36 weeks, 5 days....Large and In Charge!

23 days until the July 15th due date

Progress: 1cm dilated, 70% effaced (my doc touched Austin's head!) Weekly appointments are going very well. I tested negative for Strep B (whoo hoo!) and my stomach measurement is increasing each week right on schedule.

Total Weight Gain/Loss: I’ve gained 29lbs. Austin is weighing in around 6lbs. (FYI- everything is an estimate depending the measurements they take of his bones and body. Just in case you were as curious as I was about how they were able to weigh him)

Workouts: Officially stopped Turbo Kick 2 weeks ago. We are getting a treadmill today (thanks Mom & Dad) so I will continue to walk indoors but I think walking outside is not an option. It’s far too hot even after the sun sets.

Pregnancy Highlights: The peace of mind that we have made it so far and even if we delivered tomorrow, this little guy is strong and healthy. We have been so blessed!

Symptoms: Contractions here and there, restless sleep, feet and ankles swell if I am on my feet a lot.

1 comment:

Rolling with the Stones said...

You look beautiful!! Austin will have to hold his own with all those lovely ladies:) We will have to make sure they don't play dress up with him..little make-up, hairspray, and nail polish..lol. I'm SO excited we are having babies together, and I cannot wait to meet Austin!! Love you