Life is a test. We are not present on earth to just exist; we are here to learn. Life is a lesson. Love one another unconditionally. Love thyself unconditionally. We spend our whole lives learning to do this. Some succeed and some never have a clue. I'm trying. Love my fellow man. Don't react and don't always have to be right. This is one I'll have to work on for the rest of my life. Appreciate each day and recognize positive and negative as a part of life's experiences. Look around me and see life at it's best. The joys of living come as you strive to achieve your dreams. Its the quality of each day that is important, not the distant dream once achieved. Teach and nurture my children. You can never give them too much love. -Randa Jex 1/1/94

Friday, June 3

Happy Weekend!

Well hello everyone and happy Friday and happy June, where did half the year go?? Our anniversary beach trip was fabulous and for the first time in weeks I found the one position I could lay in for hours without an appendage falling asleep or my back beginning to ache…. flat out on a raft in the pool! It was fabulous and I spent almost all day everyday enjoying the weightlessness and comfort of my $2 Wal-Mart raft! And to top that off I had some yummy seafood, virgin pina coladas and my husband focused on relaxing and not working….so it was a very successful babymoon!

Where I spent the majority of the vacation

Our View

Eating at Hooters- Zach told me I was the best wife ever since I went to Hooters with him pregnant. Major brownie points for that one. But look how happy he is.... and just in case you wondered, that is 20 chicken wings as hot as they come. That boy can eat!

I told Zach about 10 months ago that if and when we got pregnant I would try not to complain since we had been hoping to get pregnant for months with no success. Well now that I am 8 months pregnant, that promise is getting harder and harder to keep. I knew it would be hard to sleep, I’d tear a path in the carpet from the bed to the bathroom and that I would see every part of my body become larger than life. But there are 2 things that I really didn’t anticipate.

First, my feet grew. What?? I already spent a small fortune on a new wardrobe and now you are telling me that for the next 40ish days I have to either buy new shoes too or feel like the fat kid at the bowling alley that asks for a 9 and all they have left are 6 1/2’s. It literally feels like my toes are slowly curling underneath my foot and it forces me to take very small steps. Combine that with my new flailing arm movement and the preggo waddle and I look like I’m doing the “I have 3.2 seconds to make it to the bathroom before this is bad” walk….and YOU know exactly what walk I am talking about. My only relief comes when I wear flip flops or tennis shoes- neither of which meets the work dress code.

Next, my mom told me it would be hard to get up but nobody warned me that I might not be able to get up at all. Last night Zach and I were about to begin our normal routine downstairs of getting everything turned off to go to bed and I attempt to get out of the chair- not one, not two, but three times before I give up and realize Austin has positioned his little butt right in my ribs making it impossible for my body to bend. So I just lie there, as Zach probably sneaks a laugh in the hallway, and wait for the baby to reposition so I can move.

But, hey….our son is healthy and growing so if he wants to sit on my ribs for the next 5 weeks then have at it little buddy! The doctor told is he is 5lbs 6oz and is head down. He is measuring a week ahead of his July 15 due date. Everything looks great and my next appointment will be the first of my weekly visits until his birth.

Here is a picture of me at 34 weeks- sorry I look like a drowned rat, I just finished turbo kick but I thought my attire would do the belly justice. My poor Size M UnderArmour shirt is probably busting at the seams however I refuse to add workout clothes to the list of things I need to buy in a larger size.



No comments: