Life is a test. We are not present on earth to just exist; we are here to learn. Life is a lesson. Love one another unconditionally. Love thyself unconditionally. We spend our whole lives learning to do this. Some succeed and some never have a clue. I'm trying. Love my fellow man. Don't react and don't always have to be right. This is one I'll have to work on for the rest of my life. Appreciate each day and recognize positive and negative as a part of life's experiences. Look around me and see life at it's best. The joys of living come as you strive to achieve your dreams. Its the quality of each day that is important, not the distant dream once achieved. Teach and nurture my children. You can never give them too much love. -Randa Jex 1/1/94

Tuesday, June 28

37 weeks & 4 day Update: He's the size of a 6lb watermelon...OUCH!


Austin, like most 1st babies, is taking his sweet time and it looks like my dream for a July 4 baby is just a dream. I have 2 requests from Austin's uncles: Cory & Alicia would like me to wait until the week after the 4th because they will be in Virginia on the 4th looking for a house and Kellen has requested anytime after the 12th due to his residency schedule. Looks like Austin is siding with his uncles instead of his mommy. Not a good way to start off little buddy.

17 days until the July 15th due date

Progress: 1 1/2cm dilated, 70% effaced...only a slight difference from last week.

Total Weight Gain/Loss: I’ve gained 30lbs. One pound gain since last week. In the beginning the doc told me to gain 30-35lbs.

Workouts: Started walking 2 miles in the evenings. It really does feel good and relieves some pressure.

Pregnancy Highlights: Watching Austin's knees and feet poke out of my belly...sure am going to miss this little man moving around! I also love how exciting this time is for me and Zach. We keep saying "this might be the last time..." to almost everything we do. I feel so lucky to have such a sweet man to share this with.

Symptoms: Lots of Braxton Hicks contractions in lower belly, feet and ankles very sensitive to swelling if I'm not guzzling water and propping feet up. I've given up salty food until he comes...it's just not worth the pain of being swollen.

Today I had a really great moment at the doctor's office. No, it was not the 2 1/2 hour wait due to the doctor being in surgery and it was definitely not the fact that I was the only patient in the waiting room that found it necessary to come to the gynecological unaccompanied. People, is it really appropriate to bring your mother, 2 children, sister, and husband/boyfriend to the gyno. Most of the women weren't even pregnant and they had a posse of 5+ people...oh and here is the kicker, they not only accompanied them in the waiting room but also back to the lab and the room. Ewww!

Okay, off my soapbox and back to my wonderful moment...my nurse practitioner came in with a nurse practitioner student doing her residency. As they looked over my chart, she points to my stats and says "now this is what a perfect pregnancy looks like"... then looked at me and said "not to mention an awesome patient that has not complained"...then looked back at the resident and said "don't get your hopes up, you won't see many of these". That is when it hit me that after MONTHS of worrying and praying every single night that God give me a healthy baby or the strength to manage the alternative...here we were, 3 days away from being full term and God has blessed us with a wonderful pregnancy and a healthy and fully developed baby. I have never been so thankful and awed by the entire perfectly timed process.


3 comments:

Amanda Shea said...

This is totally random but your weight gain with Austin is so far identical to mine with Liam! Isn't that funny? I didn't blog mine but I kept notes on it (and my blood pressure and his heart rate) from every doctor's appt...and at 37 weeks, I had also gained 30lbs! I then gained about a lb a week after that...and I went 9 days over. You will be amazed, too, at how fast the first 20 disappear. The whole growth/shrinking back process is pretty incredible. Anyway...I think I'm on a similar track now. 20 weeks and 10lbs. Here we go again...haha. : ) You truly have had a blessed pregnancy so far...I'm thrilled for y'all for that. Austin will be such a joy---can't wait to see those first pictures!

Jo said...

This is such a special and precious time . . . so glad you are enjoying it. I can't wait to see pictures of baby A safe in your arms, those first few moments are magical. Well, they all are . . . the magic never stops! Best wishes to you in your last few days/weeks of pregnancy!

Tay and Teigan said...

Sorry, that last message was from me, signed into my mom's account :).