Life is a test. We are not present on earth to just exist; we are here to learn. Life is a lesson. Love one another unconditionally. Love thyself unconditionally. We spend our whole lives learning to do this. Some succeed and some never have a clue. I'm trying. Love my fellow man. Don't react and don't always have to be right. This is one I'll have to work on for the rest of my life. Appreciate each day and recognize positive and negative as a part of life's experiences. Look around me and see life at it's best. The joys of living come as you strive to achieve your dreams. Its the quality of each day that is important, not the distant dream once achieved. Teach and nurture my children. You can never give them too much love. -Randa Jex 1/1/94

Friday, May 13

Happy 2nd Birthday Jules!

This past weekend we celebrated Julia Claire's 2nd birthday with a fun backyard party. Ann made delicious Grits & Grillades and we finished it off with yummy birthday cake...I think Austin and I could have eaten 8 pieces of that deliciousness! Jules had a blast playing with her new toys especially the bubble machine and the sidewalk chalk...she was in awe of the bubbles. Note to self: Buy Austin a bubble machine if I want to get anything done!
Sue (Yah-Yah) practicing for Austin's arrival...she is SO good with babies!

Sweet Jules sharing her cookie with Mr. Bug


Miss Eden is seriously the happiest child, I guess with Aaron & Sarah for parents you have a reason to be!

I just love this pic, can't you just see them 20 years ago doing the same thing!

I am so excited about tomorrow, my girlfriends in Natchez are throwing me a baby shower! Thank you so much Laura, Lauren, Amy, Julie, Amanda, Martha, Shannon, Courtney, and Sue...you are so thoughtful!!! Also this weekend we will continue to watch the Mississippi River rise...and rise...and rise. At noon the river was sitting at 59.87' above sea level, breaking the 1937 record of 58'. Please keep the families in Vidalia, LA and Natchez in your prayers as many of them move out of their homes and to higher ground until the waters recede. The river is supposed to crest on May 21.

Baby Jex Weekly Update: All is well with the little man. We have 9 weeks to go if we make it to 40 weeks...I have a feeling this little man might want to come a early....heaven knows I would like for him to (only if he is healthy and ready though)!

No comments: