Life is a test. We are not present on earth to just exist; we are here to learn. Life is a lesson. Love one another unconditionally. Love thyself unconditionally. We spend our whole lives learning to do this. Some succeed and some never have a clue. I'm trying. Love my fellow man. Don't react and don't always have to be right. This is one I'll have to work on for the rest of my life. Appreciate each day and recognize positive and negative as a part of life's experiences. Look around me and see life at it's best. The joys of living come as you strive to achieve your dreams. Its the quality of each day that is important, not the distant dream once achieved. Teach and nurture my children. You can never give them too much love. -Randa Jex 1/1/94

Saturday, May 7

The belly is officially growing at warp speed!

The picture above is my belly at 28 weeks....



This picture is me at 30 weeks....just 2 weeks but what a difference!

WE HAVE A RIGHTY…or at least that’s my theory. This kid is sitting all nice and comfy on my right side. When they checked his heartbeat they started the Doppler on the left side and I could see the doctor’s furrowed brow as he heard nothing….I told him oh he’s not over there, try the right side. And there he was, my little righty. I’m not kidding this boy has set up shop and refuses to test the waters on the other side. I might be forced to start walking like I have a severe case of scoliosis due to his huge body crammed into my right ribs. This leads me to my theory…not only will he be right handed and be a fabulous right handed pitcher for a MLB team but he will also share a love for all things artistic and creative just like his mama, a fellow right-brainer. Sorry Zach, the next baby can be your right brained app-developing smarty but this one is all finger paints and jello sculptures.

30 Week Update

10 weeks (69 days) remaining and he is 3.2 lbs and is expected to gain ½ lb per week from here on out. At 18" long he is now the size of a head of lettuce.

Total Weight Gain/Loss: Gained 20lbs WHOA! I’m seeing numbers on the scale I’ve never seen before.

Pregnancy Highlights: Seeing huge movements of his entire body.

Symptoms: Well you hit 30 weeks and everything changes. Read at your own risk.

· I started having Braxton Hicks contractions Thursday. For those of you not familiar, these are intermittent rhythmic and slightly painful contractions. But unlike true labor, real contractions grow consistently longer, stronger, and closer together…I have just experienced these for a few hours in the morning and then they go away.

· Another wonderful symptom (note sarcasm) is my constant need to go to the bathroom. When we were at Double Decker I literally used almost every restroom on the square, Corey was in awe. That is the one time “own the bump”- I stick my belly out as far as possible and rub it to make sure that the vain girls in front of me that go into the bathroom in groups don’t spend 30 minutes primping when there is an obviously uncomfortable pregnant girl waiting. You wouldn’t believe how often this took place.

· I have given up on sleeping through the night. I can’t get comfortable and I constantly have an arm or a leg falling asleep so I am always tossing and turning. I’m so glad Zach sleeps through it, or at least he is pretending to so he doesn’t make me feel bad.

· And finally, I’m so freaking emotional and I HATE IT. We got a bill that was much higher than I planned for some renovations and I just shut my office door and started bawling….and this lasted a good hour. In those few moments I went from cloud 9 after a good doctor appointment to ground zero. I felt like our whole life was crashing down and we would never recover. Poor Zach, he is so good with me. After telling me we are fine and will be fine no matter what, I started to believe him. He even brought Debbie Downer breakfast to cheer me up. Oh and I put myself on probation from sad-blog-reading. I can’t handle people’s blogs about natural disasters oh heaven forbid a birth story. I will be puffy eyed the rest of the day. It's truly is pitiful.

Best Moment this week: Spending the weekend in Oxford with my girlfriends. Also after working out, I took a bubble bath in Austin’s new bathroom. I lit candles, turned on James Blunt and relaxed the day away. I just closed my eyes and thought about how much life will change in 10 weeks. I really like the nursery but I keep thinking “it’s just missing something” and that night as I was relaxing I realized…it’s missing Austin.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I think you wonderful g-friend. I am as emotional now as you are so I will probably be a huge mess when I get to 30 weeks! Hang in there! :)

"McShane" said...

Wha-who. . . your belly finally looks bigger than mine! :)