Life is a test. We are not present on earth to just exist; we are here to learn. Life is a lesson. Love one another unconditionally. Love thyself unconditionally. We spend our whole lives learning to do this. Some succeed and some never have a clue. I'm trying. Love my fellow man. Don't react and don't always have to be right. This is one I'll have to work on for the rest of my life. Appreciate each day and recognize positive and negative as a part of life's experiences. Look around me and see life at it's best. The joys of living come as you strive to achieve your dreams. Its the quality of each day that is important, not the distant dream once achieved. Teach and nurture my children. You can never give them too much love. -Randa Jex 1/1/94

Monday, May 23

Celebrations around every corner!

As the temperature creeps higher….I get slower and slower mostly due to the size of this belly I am toting around, it just make the everyday movements a little harder. Zach has now volunteered to tie my shoes for me...I just hope I can make it to the end still shaving my own legs.

Last weekend my girlfriends in Natchez hosted a beautiful baby shower for me. Austin officially has more clothing than his father and I could just drool over all the sweet linen, seersucker, and gingham outfits he received. I got his new loot packed away in his nursery just in time to pack my bags and head to Jackson for the week for work.
Wednesday, I was coming out of a meeting when my co-worker Kensy asked me to run by another conference room with her to check on something. As we open the door, a crowd of co-workers yell “SURPRISE!”. Somehow, over the span of a month of planning and organizing not one of my co-workers spilled the beans or so much as hinted to a surprise shower. It was awesome and I actually love the feeling of being truly surprised….sometimes… and in the right circumstance (this being one of them).
The conference room had been transformed into a beautifully nautical themed party complete with a “Message in a Bottle” table, tons of wonderful food and punch, the most adorable diaper cake, a baby due date pool and life preserver décor with “Ahoy, it’s a boy” and “Austin Alexander Jex” strung across the walls. Then after I opened all the gifts, Laura D walks in with the BOB jogging stroller I have had my eyes on for months. I lost it! I was totally overwhelmed with gratitude for my amazing co-workers. Over the past 6 years, this group has seen me through the best of times and the absolute worst and somewhere along the way started to feel like family. It was an amazing day and I cannot express how thankful we are to all our friends for the support.
By Friday night, I had his new loot all packed away and although we still have 7 weeks, after the last 2 showers his nursery is officially ready for his arrival.

Friday, Mom and Dad came to town to open accounts, visit their new house (Dad’s first time to see it), and to celebrate my birthday. What an awesome weekend and I still have a hard time wrapping my mind around the thought of having them here for good. I feel like the luckiest gal in the world just knowing they will be 0.7 miles away especially since I have not lived less than 6 hours away from them since l left for college 11 years ago. We found this awesome end table for the nursery at an estate sale for.....get this... $20! SCORE!

Here I am this weekend....told you I'm getting LARGE!

Sunday I turned 29, and it was a wonderful day. Church, brunch at the Castle, relaxing, a yummy home cooked dinner and cake. I couldn’t imagine a better day especially @ 32 weeks pregnant. I had a few hours of pretty uncomfortable Braxton Hicks contractions that afternoon and for a minute there I thought Austin might think it was his birthday instead of Mommy’s. As we count down weeks until Austin’s birthday, I have a new appreciation for birthdays altogether.I always thought of it as MY special day but yesterday I thought, May 22nd was a day that Mom & Dad (and others) looked forward to for months just as Zach and I anxiously await July 15th. A birthday is a yearly reminder to all involved of the excitement, preparation, prayers, sacrifice, discomfort and extreme joy that lead up to that one day... that birth day.

(excuse my appearance, I had been laying on the couch with B.H. contractions all afternoon so I looked pretty rough by b-day dinner)

This is the adorable teddy bear Ann Tillman made for little Austin...I am in love with it!

We have an exciting week ahead as we leave Thursday for Jackson to see my amazingly gifted brother-in-law, Kellen, graduate from Medical School. Then we head for the beach to celebrate our 3 year wedding anniversary/babymoon to soak up some sun. Well, let me clarify…I will be lathered in SPF 80, under an umbrella wearing a ridiculously large maternity swimsuit and Zach plans to go commando. As in no sunscreen…he will be wearing a swimsuit. You can all predict how this week will play out… I have a feeling he will be joining my SPF 80/umbrella club by day 2. I promise to take lots of pics however don’t plan on seeing another blog for a while… I have some major relaxing to do since it might be the last time I get to in a long time!


No comments: