Life is a test. We are not present on earth to just exist; we are here to learn. Life is a lesson. Love one another unconditionally. Love thyself unconditionally. We spend our whole lives learning to do this. Some succeed and some never have a clue. I'm trying. Love my fellow man. Don't react and don't always have to be right. This is one I'll have to work on for the rest of my life. Appreciate each day and recognize positive and negative as a part of life's experiences. Look around me and see life at it's best. The joys of living come as you strive to achieve your dreams. Its the quality of each day that is important, not the distant dream once achieved. Teach and nurture my children. You can never give them too much love. -Randa Jex 1/1/94

Sunday, December 15

Christmas Card




Merry Christmas Friends and Family!
Thanks for stopping by to check out the Christmas Card behind-the-scenes.  

I often catch myself starting sentences with "If people only knew what went into..."

Usually those sentences end with one of the following:

  • "getting the kids and myself fed, clothed, and to school/work on time"
  • "getting our toddler to eat his veggies"
  • "going to the grocery store with both kids in tow"
  • "getting the entire family somewhere on time, with all articles of clothing, without baby spit-up on my shoulder"

I think anyone with kids is nodding their head in agreement right about now.  It takes a village on any given day....but a Christmas Card picture, that is the ultimate challenge. You could compare to trying to take a picture of a squirrel....while on a water slide....and blindfolded.

As Zach saw me at the dining room table going into "right-brained, crafty mom mode" preparing for the Christmas card picture, I know exactly what thought popped into his mind...

"If people only knew what went into taking our Christmas card picture."

And as always, the gears start turning.  In 5 minutes flat he returned with a tripod, video camera, and blew the dust off our nice camera.  He said we should give our loved ones a link to view the creation of this picture. Where does he come up with this stuff?! I was totally on board and it made the squirrel/water slide/blindfolding process even more hilarious!

So every year I attempt a creative picture and most years it's a giant failure but this year I was able to salvage a picture for the card...it's nowhere near perfect but hey that's life, right?!  Wouldn't have it any other way!  So sit back and enjoy the chaos that we like to call, a Jex Christmas!

No comments: