Life is a test. We are not present on earth to just exist; we are here to learn. Life is a lesson. Love one another unconditionally. Love thyself unconditionally. We spend our whole lives learning to do this. Some succeed and some never have a clue. I'm trying. Love my fellow man. Don't react and don't always have to be right. This is one I'll have to work on for the rest of my life. Appreciate each day and recognize positive and negative as a part of life's experiences. Look around me and see life at it's best. The joys of living come as you strive to achieve your dreams. Its the quality of each day that is important, not the distant dream once achieved. Teach and nurture my children. You can never give them too much love. -Randa Jex 1/1/94

Friday, November 22

And then there is sweet Maddy Bug.....

And then there is sweet Maddy Bug.....

MY buddy. My sweet baby girl.



She is going through a mommy phase. She needs me to hold her or at least be within site pretty much constantly.She does well with my mom because she keeps her everyday and I keep telling Zach the only reason she prefers us is because we are her food source. He keeps telling me he's ready for her to get through this stage and be his buddy.  I wish I could let him handle feeding her while we are home at night but I am dedicated to nursing her every feeding we are together to keep her from only wanting a bottle,  since by this time Austin had turned his nose up to nursing.....and I cried...and pumped.



She is a very different baby than Austin.  He was just the easiest baby ever so I am learning a lot about teething irritability and the clingy stage like a first time mom.  Madeline is by no means bad, in fact she she loves routine just like Austin did.....but she is particular and impatient. Typical GIRL.  By this time in Austin's life, Zach kept him alone multiple times for 3-4 days at a time while I was traveling for work, weddings, and bachelorette parties.  I can't even go out to dinner with the girls without getting a text that she is crying uncontrollably. Layer on teething and this mommy has pretty much had to put socializing on the back burner unless she is at Mom's or shes already in bed.  But other than being particular, she is sweet as pie and gives Zach and my dad the sweetest crooked grins.  Her sweet little voice just melts you and she is working on her repetitive consonants.



Things Madeline loves:

  • She laughs hysterically at any type of ball or round object (apples do the trick)
  • As you tell in these pictures she is always chewing on something and teething like crazy yet no visable teeth.  Austin had 2 teeth by the time he was 6mos so I know hers are are just sitting there giving her grief under the gums.
  • She nuzzles into you when you hold her like she can't get close enough
  • Her tiny little fingers will pinch the daylights out of any skin you have exposed, and the razor blade nails draw blood.
  • She loves throwing her head back and laying upside down
  • She jabbers like crazy in the car and then SILENCE, she's asleep
  • Crying it out does not work on her like it did her brother, she will cry for an hour (my trick at night is to nurse her for 2 minutes and she is out)
  • She loves being outside and loves the stroller.  
  • She is a people watcher- especially Austin.  Loves watching him do everything.  She shopped for 8 hours with me and Zach Saturday just content in the stroller people watching.  We were in Baton Rouge so you can imagine all of the interesting mall-goers she saw.
  • She is content laying on a pallet next to Austin for hours, she just sucks on her toes and plays with toys.
  • She hates tummy time and wants nothing to do with it or crawling.
  • She loves grabbing your hands and standing up and she will stand with locked legs forever. 
  • She has the cutest crooked grin
  • She blows raspberries like it's her job and for long periods of time.  It's loud and it sound like someone is in the back seat passing gas
  • She can't stand being in a wet/dirty diaper, I think she starts hollering for a diaper change while she is going just to ensure a quick change.
  • She sleeps in a swaddle pod in her crib from 7:30pm-5:30/6am, nurses for a short bit and goes to sleep until 7:15ish.
  • She is obcessed with the dogs {Austin was not too interested at that age} but she especially loves Sydney and just laughs when Syd walks by.
  • She is one flexible chick, feet in mouth all the time and sometimes kicks herself in the head and fusses. 
Our family feels complete since Baby Sister got here.  Austin adores her, we adore them, and I feel like we adore each other even more. 


About to nuzzle

Loves playing in the highchair with toys

Our shopping buddy


Happy girl

Meeting one of my best friends Jamie for the first time


Exploring G-Pa's beard

Me and Maddy @7 months. No denying she is mine.

No comments: