Life is a test. We are not present on earth to just exist; we are here to learn. Life is a lesson. Love one another unconditionally. Love thyself unconditionally. We spend our whole lives learning to do this. Some succeed and some never have a clue. I'm trying. Love my fellow man. Don't react and don't always have to be right. This is one I'll have to work on for the rest of my life. Appreciate each day and recognize positive and negative as a part of life's experiences. Look around me and see life at it's best. The joys of living come as you strive to achieve your dreams. Its the quality of each day that is important, not the distant dream once achieved. Teach and nurture my children. You can never give them too much love. -Randa Jex 1/1/94

Thursday, January 2

The most wonderful time of the year!

I love Christmas!  I love the spirit of the holidays and most of all I loved hearing Austin say "Merry Christmas" and "It's Jesus' birthday" pretty much the entire month!  I don't regret one day of going to bed dog tired because I crammed in making a gingerbread house, treats for Austin's class, a 4th Santa visit, etc. I love that every time we drive by Dunleith (where we visited Santa), Austin says "I wan't to do that, that's Santa's house".  How cute is that?? I wish I grew up thinking Santa lived in Dunleith, what a dream! I love baking and creating.  Nothing says Christmas like gifting homemade pie, chess squares, having the kids help make white chocolate train mix, and baking Jesus' birthday cake on Christmas Eve! 

Austin had a blast creating his first gingerbread house and as you can tell, enjoyed eating the candy as we worked.  Madeline supervised from her directors chair and would shake her fishing pole at is if she saw us getting messy.

I think this may have been my first gingerbread house too, at least that I can remember.  I have to admit, I had WAY too much fun.  It's a giant edible art project, my dream come true.  My inner art nut thought about distracting Austin with a bowl of M&Ms so I could elaborately transform the gingerbread hut into a gumdrop and snowflake castle.... however my loving Mommy side took over and I let Austin do most of the decorating.  Okay okay I strategically placed globbs of icing and told him what candy "might look best" there.  He had a total blast and told all visitors to look at his "ginga bwed house"!








Yup that sure is a half eaten starburst...hahha he tried!

 The final product!



 Supervising is exhausting!

  My family is a big weenie dog family.  Here are some TOMs I painted for Mom and a pillowcase I painted for my cousin-in-law.


No comments: