Life is a test. We are not present on earth to just exist; we are here to learn. Life is a lesson. Love one another unconditionally. Love thyself unconditionally. We spend our whole lives learning to do this. Some succeed and some never have a clue. I'm trying. Love my fellow man. Don't react and don't always have to be right. This is one I'll have to work on for the rest of my life. Appreciate each day and recognize positive and negative as a part of life's experiences. Look around me and see life at it's best. The joys of living come as you strive to achieve your dreams. Its the quality of each day that is important, not the distant dream once achieved. Teach and nurture my children. You can never give them too much love. -Randa Jex 1/1/94

Wednesday, May 22

First few days with our sweet Madeline

Okay Laura D, you asked for more pics of Madeline so here are more than you ever cared to see. I just have to document all the sweet moments in the hospital.  She is a sweet baby and we feel very fortunate to have been blessed with 2 really chill babies.  Madeline took to nursing like she was a seasoned pro, it kinda shocked me the first time I fed her because I had to work with Austin to latch.  Maybe it was in part that I was much more relaxed since I was a seasoned pro.  Once again we had amazing care at Community and it was so special to have the same team of nurses deliver Madeline that delivered Austin- Missy, Angel, Debbie....I just adore those ladies.

Here is daddy at @7:45am after cutting the cord and holding his baby girl for the first time.



 First bath...not a fan


 Finally holding my girl after her bath, that is such a long wait. I think I probably sat there forever just starring at her.  She was just perfect and to me she didn't look like anyone particular, she just looked like Madeline. Her new name fit her perfectly.


Zach introduces Madeline to her big brother!  He was in love right away!







This is one of my favorite pictures.  We were all admiring our new bundle of joy.  I wish I could put into words the feelings I had at that moment...it felt like our little family was now complete and we were embarking on the greatest adventure as a family.  This was MY perfect moment.


This will probably be my favorite picture with my kids forever.  I had no idea my mom had a camera when she snapped this, it was the most amazing moment when Austin just reached over and hugged Madeline totally unprompted and he just stayed there like he was soaking it all in.  Not sure if you can tell but my heart is melting all over my shirt.

Baby yawns are the best





Austin loving all the attention from Yeah Yeah

 Loving on his baby before we left the hospital, he is mush!

 Not nearly as much hair as Austin had but it's so soft and pretty. It's dark blond in the back and light blond around her face. Poor girl might have gotten her mom's thin fine hair.

We had sweet friends and family visit us in the hospital.  Steve, Mom, Dad and Austin were there when Madeline was born or shortly afterward. John Kramer, our minister, came by about an hour after she was born so he got to hold a brand new baby.  Also Kate and Victor, Karie Sue (our associate pastor), our good friend Laura McLemore,  and Eileen (the attorney next to Zach). Darleen took great care of me in the hospital and brought me whatever food I wanted whenever I needed it, I felt so special.  She is our house keeper and works at the hospital from 5am-noon and then cleans houses in the afternoons, she is one hard working woman!!

No comments: