Life is a test. We are not present on earth to just exist; we are here to learn. Life is a lesson. Love one another unconditionally. Love thyself unconditionally. We spend our whole lives learning to do this. Some succeed and some never have a clue. I'm trying. Love my fellow man. Don't react and don't always have to be right. This is one I'll have to work on for the rest of my life. Appreciate each day and recognize positive and negative as a part of life's experiences. Look around me and see life at it's best. The joys of living come as you strive to achieve your dreams. Its the quality of each day that is important, not the distant dream once achieved. Teach and nurture my children. You can never give them too much love. -Randa Jex 1/1/94

Monday, April 2

Last weekend my insanely talented sis-in-law came to town and took us out on a beautiful day to snap some pictures of our sweet Austin. He has a calm curiosity about him and studies things very carefully, like a clover in the grass. That pictures speaks volumes to his personality, my little observer. Austin also loves woodwork, iron details, finials and scroll work on chairs and furniture. He lights up when he sees something he can study and touch and he does so in a very delicate manner. I say he's gonna be my little architect which seems to be acceptable to Zach since it is a manly twist on him being an artist as I had hoped.
One of my favorite parts of the afternoon was seeing Austin light up while Zach was playing the guitar. Zach played a lot while I was pregnant and that is how we would get the baby moving and then he plays regularly around the house and Austin literally stops everything and goes into a trance. It is really sweet. So maybe he will be a musician too, who knows.


I feel like Becky captured his sweet, calm spirit. These are the type of pictures I see myself digging through when he 18 and leaving for college or on the eve of his wedding day, likely tears streaming down my face while I am thinking...it feels like this was just yesterday. I will treasure these pictures always. I can't explain the feeling of sitting in the grass looking at my sweet husband as he laughs with our son. Randa always told me there is nothing like the feeling when you get with your first born, she said you'll love all of your children but there is something about your first born that ignites very unique and special memories and feelings. Sometimes I think my heart might burst, I just feel so blessed with these two boys.

You have to take a minute to view Becky's lovely work: SLIDESHOW

No comments: