Life is a test. We are not present on earth to just exist; we are here to learn. Life is a lesson. Love one another unconditionally. Love thyself unconditionally. We spend our whole lives learning to do this. Some succeed and some never have a clue. I'm trying. Love my fellow man. Don't react and don't always have to be right. This is one I'll have to work on for the rest of my life. Appreciate each day and recognize positive and negative as a part of life's experiences. Look around me and see life at it's best. The joys of living come as you strive to achieve your dreams. Its the quality of each day that is important, not the distant dream once achieved. Teach and nurture my children. You can never give them too much love. -Randa Jex 1/1/94

Thursday, April 12

Happy 35th Birthday...

No no, not me and not Zach.

It's little Emma's 35th birthday (in dog years of course). She is 7 in people years and we will go by people years since she is one of the family!
I got her when I lived in Birmingham living with Sally Wicker and working for Southern Progress (Southern Living). She was flown to me in a little crate, all 2lbs of her, from St. Louis and from the moment I met her at the airport I knew she was born to be my dog.

For all of you that know Emma you know she has "Lapdar", yup that's radar for any lap within a 5 room radius. If you sit down you will have a weenie dog snuggled on your legs in 2.5 seconds. She loves cheese, walks and giving baby Austin kisses. Although the horse drawn carriages and the mailman are daily occurrences at our house, she still feels the need to "protect this house" from those people. Our mailman Robert is a really good sport but I know it wouldn't hurt his feelings if she lost her voice one day.

Although I am sure Emma feels like she is second fiddle to the new addition to our house, she will always be my first baby. She was my sidekick, watch dog, sleeping buddy and source of comfort when I lived alone and now she adds so much joy to our little family...

So HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE SWEETEST LIL WEENIE DOG EVER! (or "Sausage dog" as our new friends from New Zealand called her)

No comments: