Life is a test. We are not present on earth to just exist; we are here to learn. Life is a lesson. Love one another unconditionally. Love thyself unconditionally. We spend our whole lives learning to do this. Some succeed and some never have a clue. I'm trying. Love my fellow man. Don't react and don't always have to be right. This is one I'll have to work on for the rest of my life. Appreciate each day and recognize positive and negative as a part of life's experiences. Look around me and see life at it's best. The joys of living come as you strive to achieve your dreams. Its the quality of each day that is important, not the distant dream once achieved. Teach and nurture my children. You can never give them too much love. -Randa Jex 1/1/94

Friday, March 30

Sick baby is breaking my heart!

Well this has been a doozie of a week. It started pretty normal, I was traveling to Jackson at the beginning of the weekend and then returned home Tuesday night. Wednesday is when it all went downhill. We had lunch at mammies and Austin was happy and chatting away in his highchair when all of the sudden it was a puking rally. Dad walked around with him while Zach and I finished eating and within a few minutes it hit again. We took him home, bathed him and got him comfy. Over the next few hours it was bad news from both ends and the doctor said he had the stomach virus...

HUGE BUMMER!

Poor little man was so pitiful and he lost all the life in his eyes. He just sat there in-between episodes whimpering and wanting to be held and comforted. He has been sleeping a lot and we are just trying to keep fluids in him as much as possible. Mom has been great and I am SO thankful she is a few blocks away so she can be here with him while I am working.

Here he is this morning. We had a rough time from 4-5am but then he slept and I was able to sneak away for my workout class and get home before he woke up. I thought we were on the mend this morning because he was actually interested in taking his bottle and was laughing and smiling while we ate breakfast but around 7:15 he was back at it, bathtime for the both of us.
Prayers welcome for our little man who is fighting hard to shake this bug. He was particularly bummed today because he missed school pictures at daycare.

Let's just hope the rest of the weekend is better and that nobody else gets sick.

Happy Friday everyone!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sorry, I didnt know the little guy was sick or I woulda put him in my prayers too. He all better now? Those pictures in the grass are great. He and Zach look so happy playing the guitar.