Life is a test. We are not present on earth to just exist; we are here to learn. Life is a lesson. Love one another unconditionally. Love thyself unconditionally. We spend our whole lives learning to do this. Some succeed and some never have a clue. I'm trying. Love my fellow man. Don't react and don't always have to be right. This is one I'll have to work on for the rest of my life. Appreciate each day and recognize positive and negative as a part of life's experiences. Look around me and see life at it's best. The joys of living come as you strive to achieve your dreams. Its the quality of each day that is important, not the distant dream once achieved. Teach and nurture my children. You can never give them too much love. -Randa Jex 1/1/94

Thursday, March 15

Happy Birthday Aunt A!

This week we have had the joy of having Alicia in Natchez with us! She rode back from Texas with us and her and Bo have been hanging out enjoying the beautiful spring weather with us. I have pretending that she is here for good and that I will have a workout buddy everyday! When I get off work we go running and then do either a workout video or yesterday she come to the Body Jam class I teach. We are preparing our minds and bodies for the Warrior Dash in April! She is coming down to do this insane run/obstacle course with me, Zach and some of our friends in Jackson! We already have our costumes!!

We went to the Tableau- the southern presentation/play of special events that shaped Natchez and the south, it was awesome. We go out to eat a lot, do Pinterest-inspired projects for Cory, shop and never miss a workout! I wish I had snapped more pictures of her surprise {early} birthday party at Cotton Alley. We had a great dinner and presents-- jewelry, a Birch Box, Toms and a license plate frame Cory planned from a-far. It was so fun and then we went to my house for dessert. She loves Andes mints so I made a chocolate cake with a layer of Andes Mint/Buttercream frosting inside and then topped with mint-chocolate chip ice cream, cool whip and mint shavings. It was to die for but needless to say we cheated on the 24 day challenge for that meal! Mom and Alicia are touring homes today and then we plan to meet for another yummy lunch and an evening at the park for another great workout to burn all this food off!

We are going to miss Aunt A so much when she goes home tomorrow! Austin loves her so much and she has "the touch"! I guess after 4 kids you know exactly how to make a little baby so happy and content! He often reaches over to her but I'm cool with it, she rocks!


No comments: