Life is a test. We are not present on earth to just exist; we are here to learn. Life is a lesson. Love one another unconditionally. Love thyself unconditionally. We spend our whole lives learning to do this. Some succeed and some never have a clue. I'm trying. Love my fellow man. Don't react and don't always have to be right. This is one I'll have to work on for the rest of my life. Appreciate each day and recognize positive and negative as a part of life's experiences. Look around me and see life at it's best. The joys of living come as you strive to achieve your dreams. Its the quality of each day that is important, not the distant dream once achieved. Teach and nurture my children. You can never give them too much love. -Randa Jex 1/1/94

Friday, February 3

When will it get easier?

No, I am not talking about parenting Austin, who quite possibly could be the easiest baby I could have wished for. I am talking about leaving him at daycare....when will this get easier for me??? This isn't rhetorical, I really NEED to know! I feel like the walk out to my car is the walk of shame. I open the door to his room and although it's super clean and the ladies in his class are so nice, I can just imagine germs jumping onto Austin. I know it is all in my imagination and I have to get over these daycare stigmas. He only goes Monday and Friday and I still have a hard time but I guess now that we have one month under our belts I should start putting on my big girl panties and dealing with it. I think it will be better when he reaches the age where he can come home and tell me all about it and how much fun he is having, but for now I assume he'd rather be at Grammy and Papa's!


Here are some pics form the week. I finally got back to running the other evening after taking a few days off after getting LASIK. Last night I took Austin on a long, wonderful and much needed jog to clear my head after a really tough work week. I could run for days in this warm February weather however it looks as though the mosquito can too. I was wearing pants and still managed to get eaten up so I was quick to put the mosquito net over the stroller so Austin didn't suffer the same fate. Let's hope he has his father's skin, he could be in the Louisiana swamps for days and not be bothered by those lil devils...I on the other hand, live in fear of contracting West Nile after grabbing the paper off of the porch.

Who is this little boy in my stroller???

I heard a saying the other day which I felt perfectly explained myself. I see life "through Mom-colored glasses". Like a lot of moms, I want everything to be perfect for this little guy and I know that one day I will have to face the fact that I cannot protect Austin from the world...but for now, while he is tiny and innocent I will live in my little happy place with A & Z!

When I look at this sweet face I cannot help but be so grateful for everything Zach and I have have been blessed with. So maybe I am seeing things a bit too rosey...but that is just me and as Zach always says..."I would LOVE to live in your world".





LOVES LOVES LOVES Bathtime!!!

No comments: