Life is a test. We are not present on earth to just exist; we are here to learn. Life is a lesson. Love one another unconditionally. Love thyself unconditionally. We spend our whole lives learning to do this. Some succeed and some never have a clue. I'm trying. Love my fellow man. Don't react and don't always have to be right. This is one I'll have to work on for the rest of my life. Appreciate each day and recognize positive and negative as a part of life's experiences. Look around me and see life at it's best. The joys of living come as you strive to achieve your dreams. Its the quality of each day that is important, not the distant dream once achieved. Teach and nurture my children. You can never give them too much love. -Randa Jex 1/1/94

Wednesday, February 15

Valentine's Day

Well cupid was very good to us yesterday. When we got to Grammy and Papa's house, they had valentines waiting. An adorably decorated bag for Austin and a container of homemade Oreo Truffles for us.
Mom dropped Austin off at my office for a quick visit and then Zach and I took him to the Landing for a yummy Valentine's lunch. Austin was so tuckered from all the people chatting with him at lunch, he passed out as soon as we got in the car.
Last night Mom and Dad came over for dinner. Zach made his amazing stuffed chicken. Somehow he makes the world's most moist and delicious chicken stuffed with bacon, mozzarella, scallions, jalapeno, and cheddar. Every bite is like a party in your mouth. Then he paired it with a Caesar salad and Randa's recipe of homemade pan fried okra that is to die for. We drank wine as I told them all about Meghan's amazing wedding and finished dinner off with the Oreo truffles (made by mom) and chocolate covered fortune cookies (bought by dad).
I had promised Austin a Valentine balloon all day so here he is with his Valentine bear. He got tired after dinner and was just staring up at it.
It was a great day and I am so thankful for my adorable husband, sweet baby boy and my loving mom and dad. You guys make everyday fun!

Last night Austin had a really runny nose and every few hours he would wake up totally stopped up and coughing as he tried to breath. I would suction him and lay him back down but after a few times waking up I decided he needed to sleep elevated so around 1am I grabbed his cozy quilt and snuggled him tight and we slept together the rest of the night in his recliner. He is such a snuggle bug these days and just wraps his arms around you and nuzzles into your chest. I am now sooo thankful for that wonderful recliner that mom and dad bought us...it's so comfortable even for an entire night. I hope he gets over this pretty quickly but I hear from other daycare moms that a runny nose and cough are pretty much a constant thing during these months. Boo!

No comments: