Life is a test. We are not present on earth to just exist; we are here to learn. Life is a lesson. Love one another unconditionally. Love thyself unconditionally. We spend our whole lives learning to do this. Some succeed and some never have a clue. I'm trying. Love my fellow man. Don't react and don't always have to be right. This is one I'll have to work on for the rest of my life. Appreciate each day and recognize positive and negative as a part of life's experiences. Look around me and see life at it's best. The joys of living come as you strive to achieve your dreams. Its the quality of each day that is important, not the distant dream once achieved. Teach and nurture my children. You can never give them too much love. -Randa Jex 1/1/94

Tuesday, February 8

Bloogy McBloggster

Yeah you can call me Bloogy McBloggster. I think I have blogged more in the past 2 months then all 3 years combined. My mind is just always going these days in directions I never knew. I am going to open up the sappy can of pregnant worms here but I feel like my heart is bursting at the seams lately. Any mother or mother-to-be out there can relate I am sure but I have this unbelievable love I have never experienced....for this sweet baby, for Zach, for my wonderful family, our friends.... I feel like little Jessica and her Daily Affirmation. (Is that not the funniest thing you have ever seen)

I was reading our friend Shauna's Blog this morning and it brought tears to my eyes despite the fact that it was totally hilarious. She was explaining the mental transformation she went through after wanting a girl, finding out it's a boy, and now totally loving the idea of a boy.

There are only 10 days until we find out what we are having. Deep down I can't help but think it's a girl because I know the uniquely awesome, dependent, and trusting relationship a girl has with her daddy and the close bond and 'call-me-everyday-friendship' a girl has with her mommy...because I am a girl and I am so blessed to have those relationships. But now I am starting to realize it is the same for our husbands. They were little boys who loved and trusted their mommy and daddy. So it is natural for Zach to see a little man looking up to him with adoring eyes waiting to play catch with him in the yard. When we think of our little one, we remember our childhoods. So in 10 days I know our world will be changed forever as God's plans are revealed. Boy or girl... that is not what matters. That child will be so loved and will have a father to depend on and a mother to call everyday and that is what matters!

And if you are reading this...I love you too :) Shannon loves everything.

I will now close my sappy can of pregnant worms.

No comments: