Life is a test. We are not present on earth to just exist; we are here to learn. Life is a lesson. Love one another unconditionally. Love thyself unconditionally. We spend our whole lives learning to do this. Some succeed and some never have a clue. I'm trying. Love my fellow man. Don't react and don't always have to be right. This is one I'll have to work on for the rest of my life. Appreciate each day and recognize positive and negative as a part of life's experiences. Look around me and see life at it's best. The joys of living come as you strive to achieve your dreams. Its the quality of each day that is important, not the distant dream once achieved. Teach and nurture my children. You can never give them too much love. -Randa Jex 1/1/94

Monday, February 7

Baby Daddy

I think we all know who the author of this blog is...that would be me, Shannon! Just in case the sappy comments, slightly obsessive baby chatter, dorky anecdotes, or the sometimes TMI pregnancy soapboxes didn't give it away....it is in fact me writing.

So as much as I know you love hearing about baby bumps and updated weight gain I have something far more entertaining. I met this man about 9 years ago. His insatiable appetite to to fill his head with knowledge always intrigued me. He caught my eye (and heart) then and continues to be the source of so much excitement and love in my life. Since this blog has been focused on the baby so much lately I thought I would take a day to honor the baby's amazing father. I asked Zach to write me a short essay on the things he is up to on the computer after I roll over and fall asleep every night.....









My app company, INOV8, (50% partner) has been working on a new app for the last several months. We just went into development about two weeks ago, and the final product should be ready for market in about 4 weeks. I can't really divulge what it does exactly because we don't want to give any competitors a head start, but we will spill the beans soon. If you want to keep up with what we're doing, check us out on Twitter @INOV8Apps. My other company, Wyatt's Torch (100% owner), is currently working on redesigning and launching GamedayMap before football season this fall. Things fell apart with the company I was working with before, so I am taking things on myself. A major cellular carrier in this region (any guesses as to who?) has recently expressed interest in partnering for marketing purposes and I'm in discussions with web development firm in New York about taking on the task of the redesign. It will entail a website overhaul, brand new iPhone and Android Apps, and synergy between all 3. With a baby coming this Summer, things are going to be hectic, but I'm up for the challenge. This is in addition to my law practice, which is moving along nicely. I was hired on two large criminal defense cases in the last two months so I am busy there as well. Oh, and I'm starting work on an eBook that I hope to have available on e-readers like the Kindle, Nook, and iPhone, and also will be available in .PDF format. It will basically be a step by step account of how to take an iphone app from conception to production in 6 months with no programming experience. If you're wondering...... I'll sleep when I'm dead.




No comments: