Life is a test. We are not present on earth to just exist; we are here to learn. Life is a lesson. Love one another unconditionally. Love thyself unconditionally. We spend our whole lives learning to do this. Some succeed and some never have a clue. I'm trying. Love my fellow man. Don't react and don't always have to be right. This is one I'll have to work on for the rest of my life. Appreciate each day and recognize positive and negative as a part of life's experiences. Look around me and see life at it's best. The joys of living come as you strive to achieve your dreams. Its the quality of each day that is important, not the distant dream once achieved. Teach and nurture my children. You can never give them too much love. -Randa Jex 1/1/94

Friday, January 7

January 7, 2011: Baby J is 13 weeks


Since there is no change in the size of my belly I decided to post a picture of the size of this incredible life growing inside me. This week, Baby J is the size of a peach! And a side note- Baby J's vocal chords developed this past week...yup I have a feeling it's gonna be a member of the Carnegie Hall choir or next lead singer of the Black Crowes but I will settle for a chatty Kathy like it's mother!

I'm 13 weeks! (End of 1st Trimester)

How many weeks/days remaining: 27 weeks
Expected Due Date: July 15, 2011
Next Dr. Appointment: January 19

Size of baby: Baby Jex is the size of a peach!

Total Weight Gain/Loss: Gained 1/2lb!!!!! I have worked hard for that ½ lb too.

Maternity Clothes: Not yet

Gender: We will find out in 6 weeks

Sickness: As of NYE I have been feeling great!

Workout: Working out 3 times a week…can’t wait for spring to be here so I can get out and run/walk again!

Movement: Not yet.

Sleep: Sleeping well!

Pregnancy Highlights:
Being able to eat more than normal and actually wanting to gain weight!

What I miss: Still miss that clear skin...but it is getting better.

Cravings/Aversions: Bagels, Baked Potatoes, Fruit, Sushi (only the cooked rolls I know!) and Hummus w/ Pita Bread (yeah I know it’s crazy)

Symptoms: I feel pretty normal at the moment (Thank God!)

Best Moment this week: It has been a great week and I have 3 moments that were notable. New Year’s Day went to a fabulous dinner at Hibiscus in Dallas with our good friends Holly, Parker, Cole, and Lisa. We went around the table and told our resolutions…one of Zach’s was to be the best father he could be. Later we looked at each other and said…”We are gonna be parents this year…holy cow!” I think after Zach said that about being a father it made this all feel so real. I have known we are having a baby but it finally hit me we are making a family!

Sunday afternoon we were lounging around on the couch watching TV and I turned on the Notebook, mid-movie. After about 10 minutes Zach asks…”I don’t get it who are the old people”… as I started explaining…”Now that is Ali and Noah when they are old. She has Alzheimer's and everyday he reads her the story of their lives together”…right about then I start bawling as I finish the story. Zach just couldn’t hold it back and busts out laughing…”You are SO pregnant, Shannon!”.

Another highlight from this week was last night I went to a childbirth class with my pregnant friends Laura and Jennifer. It was actually a lot of fun and so informative. I am glad I went at 13 weeks because the chick next to me was 38 weeks and when they started demonstrating the epidural she sure did start crying.

No comments: