Life is a test. We are not present on earth to just exist; we are here to learn. Life is a lesson. Love one another unconditionally. Love thyself unconditionally. We spend our whole lives learning to do this. Some succeed and some never have a clue. I'm trying. Love my fellow man. Don't react and don't always have to be right. This is one I'll have to work on for the rest of my life. Appreciate each day and recognize positive and negative as a part of life's experiences. Look around me and see life at it's best. The joys of living come as you strive to achieve your dreams. Its the quality of each day that is important, not the distant dream once achieved. Teach and nurture my children. You can never give them too much love. -Randa Jex 1/1/94

Friday, October 9

Brag on Z!

"Our guys" are working on the special touches now like the bead board and the moldings before the painter starts. It is prettier than I ever imagined and I am so excited to see it painted. I think the primer and first coat will go on early next week. I have to say Zach and I have made a pretty great design team. He has such a good eye for design (in a very straight, heterosexual kind of way) and he has chosen some things that I would never have taken the risk on but I love the decision now that I see it! I think all the hours of Candice Olsen, Design Star, and all our other HGTV shows really made him into a lean mean design machine! He chose the over the bar pendant lights, glass backsplash, countertops, and vent hood. Once you see it all, you might want him to come design your home!

I got a sweet email from him this afternoon when he made a decision on some vendors for some products:
Floor and backsplash = Mark
Granite = Britt
You+Me=awesome

Here are pics of the bead board going up. Pic 1 is before trim and pic 2 is after.





No comments: