Life is a test. We are not present on earth to just exist; we are here to learn. Life is a lesson. Love one another unconditionally. Love thyself unconditionally. We spend our whole lives learning to do this. Some succeed and some never have a clue. I'm trying. Love my fellow man. Don't react and don't always have to be right. This is one I'll have to work on for the rest of my life. Appreciate each day and recognize positive and negative as a part of life's experiences. Look around me and see life at it's best. The joys of living come as you strive to achieve your dreams. Its the quality of each day that is important, not the distant dream once achieved. Teach and nurture my children. You can never give them too much love. -Randa Jex 1/1/94

Tuesday, October 20

A blessed weekend with our family!

I am finally getting to the point where I dread eating out. I know, can you believe anyone would ever say that. I miss cooking...I miss being able to whip up something as simple as a turkey sandwich and and orange slices. We thought we would be able to still make simple meals but the blanket of dust that covers the entire back of the house is anything but appetizing. We have the granite, glass tile, and floor samples in the kitchen we love the choices we have made after seeing them all together. This weekend will be out last big work weekend as we finish painting and then over the next 2 weeks the doors, drawers, hardware and surfaces will go in. Our stove was delivered Friday and we are in love with what we can see through the plastic wrapping! We went with our guts (literally) and got the 36" KitchenAid Pro series range with 6 burners. Consider this an open invitation to come experience the culinary wonders that will be created with is beast!


Although I miss my kitchen it was nice not having to worry about cooking this weekend with a house full of guests. We had the whole family in Natchez for balloon race (everyone but Cory). Mom and Dad from Houston, Sue and Steve from Louisiana, newly engaged Kate and Victor (whom we just met and LOVE!!) from Hattiesburg, and Kellen, Becky and little baby Julia Claire! We had a great time at the Balloon Race festivities although due to wind we only got to see a few balloons actually fly. We did get to hear some awesome music, eat great food, and even made time for a champagne toast in honor of Kate and Victor's engagement and the launch of Zach's new website www.gamedaymap.com. This site has already made such a splash and everyday we are inundated with emails, messages, and comments about how awesome the site is. I am SO proud of Zach and his idea. Check out the site and be sure to read "The Idea" and "How it works" to get the big picture! Life seems like it is busier than ever but I can also say I have never been so happy!

No comments: