Life is a test. We are not present on earth to just exist; we are here to learn. Life is a lesson. Love one another unconditionally. Love thyself unconditionally. We spend our whole lives learning to do this. Some succeed and some never have a clue. I'm trying. Love my fellow man. Don't react and don't always have to be right. This is one I'll have to work on for the rest of my life. Appreciate each day and recognize positive and negative as a part of life's experiences. Look around me and see life at it's best. The joys of living come as you strive to achieve your dreams. Its the quality of each day that is important, not the distant dream once achieved. Teach and nurture my children. You can never give them too much love. -Randa Jex 1/1/94

Friday, August 21

I CAN SEE CLEARLY NOW....


As most of you know Zach went in for Lasik this morning at 8:30am and I wanted to update you on Zach's progress. The operation went exactly as planned and the staff was so nice and very thorough. The operation was done by Dr. Doug Smith, the father of our good friend Aaron from Ole Miss. During his post-op checkup Dr. Smith said the words "beautiful", "perfect", and "couldn't look better" which brought tears to my eyes after the months of nervous anticipation. By 10:30am we were en route to the house and Zach was reading street signs from a far. How cool!! He wanted to have a "glasses demolition ceremony" but I asked him to consider donating them to one of those vision mission trips instead. We joked that if we donate my glasses one day we can give a little blind boy in Ethiopia sight. (for those of you that don't know I have quite possibly the worst vision imaginable) They gave him some pain medication and after a bite to eat he went straight upstairs to get in bed (in his uber cool sleeping glasses). They expect that he will sleep the rest of the day and tonight when he wakes up his vision should be 20/20. I could not believe by looking at him that he had just had eye surgery. He will need to be especially careful showering and sleeping. I am so thankful that everything went as planned and although it is a routine procedure I have never prayed so much for a good result. There are so many things Zach needs to see in the future! Thanks for your thoughts and continue to pray for his continued positive recovery. We have another post-op appointment at 8:30am tomorrow where we will know what his vision measures.
3:15pm Update: He woke up and his eyes were very white minus a few blood vessels. Zach thinks he is seeing 20/20 now. He said it is great but his eyes are really dry, like the doctors said they would be.
It looks like the procedure is a great option for those of us who were blessed with coke-bottle glasses and years of contact lenses.

1 comment:

Amanda Shea said...

Hooray!!! I'm glad it went so well. Y'all will continue to be in my thoughts & prayers...for Zach's continued successful recovery and in thanks for you for being such great support.

You should know that I, too, check YOUR blog all the time! I love it. It's actually on my Google Reader so I know as soon as you update. I need to take more time to comment so you know I'm stopping by. : )

It has been so fun to see your various art projects around the house (and elsewhere for friends, etc.)--You have done so much! One of these days I really hope to see all of the beautiful home updates in person. : ) I'm sure Randa is smiling down loving everything y'all have done.