Life is a test. We are not present on earth to just exist; we are here to learn. Life is a lesson. Love one another unconditionally. Love thyself unconditionally. We spend our whole lives learning to do this. Some succeed and some never have a clue. I'm trying. Love my fellow man. Don't react and don't always have to be right. This is one I'll have to work on for the rest of my life. Appreciate each day and recognize positive and negative as a part of life's experiences. Look around me and see life at it's best. The joys of living come as you strive to achieve your dreams. Its the quality of each day that is important, not the distant dream once achieved. Teach and nurture my children. You can never give them too much love. -Randa Jex 1/1/94

Thursday, October 31

Balloon Races 2013

Balloon Race weekend is one of my absolute favorite times of year in Natchez and this years weather, although not ideal for balloon flights, was absolutely gorgeous. 

Zach often reminds me when I complain about the heat that I only have 3 degrees where I am comfortable and then I'm either hot or cold. Well this weekend it was in those three degrees all weekend, add an Ole Miss victory over the LSU Corndogs and we were some happy folks.

Oh how times have changed in this picture. Five years ago these 3 friends from college-- Rob Connor, Zach, and Kellen-- would have been starting off a long evening of Balloon Weekend bar hopping.  Fast forward, all three guys each have 2 kids (one still baking), one of which is sitting atop their shoulders.  So cute!

You will begin to see a commend trend with Madeline all weekend.  Girl can sleep through anything--fireworks, bands, carnivals, etc.  She spend her time snoozing in the back of the stoller.....

While curious little Austin studied everyone and everything going on from the front of the stroller.  He was a little scared to even get out at one point...don't worry kid, "Carnies" frighten me too.  We watched as hot air balloon inflated and lifted off  just feet from us{what they are looking at below}, enjoyed fireworks over the great Mississippi River, and of course made time to ride some rides.


G Pa came in town Saturday and celebrated his birthday with us.  We lounged on the bluff listening to music and eating good food.  It was the most beautiful and relaxing afternoon.




Austin LOVES him some Uncle Kel!






Cheerleader Madeline napping.....

and yet again....

But she woke up to sport her new hot air balloon overalls!




Sunday, Austin, Maddy and I were up earlier than everyone so we jumped in the car, grabbed donuts, and headed to the mall to watch the balloons float by.  Typically we can see them from our front porch but this year due to the wind, they were lifting off and flying away from downtown.  Austin waved from the backseat and said "Hey guys" to every balloon and then as soon as one would pass he would say "I want to see some more Mommy" like I have a magic wand that brought them to us.






No comments: