Life is a test. We are not present on earth to just exist; we are here to learn. Life is a lesson. Love one another unconditionally. Love thyself unconditionally. We spend our whole lives learning to do this. Some succeed and some never have a clue. I'm trying. Love my fellow man. Don't react and don't always have to be right. This is one I'll have to work on for the rest of my life. Appreciate each day and recognize positive and negative as a part of life's experiences. Look around me and see life at it's best. The joys of living come as you strive to achieve your dreams. Its the quality of each day that is important, not the distant dream once achieved. Teach and nurture my children. You can never give them too much love. -Randa Jex 1/1/94

Friday, April 26

Easter 2013

I have neglected the blog for the past couple if weeks but I promise I had good reasons.  Before I fill you in on all of those good reasons, let me get you up to speed on Easter.

All I can say is than goodness for Zach, Mom, and Dad.  Without them, there is no way I would have been able to make Easter as wonderful as it was since I was a week away from having the baby.

Here is the before and after from Austin's daycare Easter Egg hunt on Friday.  He hates getting his hands messy so when I opened the car door he held them out and said "uh oh, Mommy, help"



Saturday we attended the annual Easter Egg hunt our church hosts at the Calloway's home.  Austin had a blast playing basketball, seeing his friends, and most of all eating cupcakes and candy.  If you know me or my husband, than you know that we are 2 pretty competitive people...Zach more so than me but we definitely both love a challenge.  Well as the gates to the side yard opened for the small children's Easter egg hunt, we realized that the competitive gene did not get passed on to our son.  

Austin entered the yard with much excitement since his best buddies were right there running in too however he did not care to scavenge the yard for eggs.  In fact he picked up one egg, put it in his basket and then sat down to take the egg out and look inside.  Oh Austin, what are we gonna do with you.  He's gonna be the guy that allows a touchdown because he feels bad for the losing opponent. 

Here are some pics from the egg hunt:
My favs: Papa and Grammy

Zach and sweet Julia Claire adore each other!


Austin claiming his ONE EGG
That morning Austin saw Daddy walking with his hand in his pocket, so he decided to so this as well.

Austin and buddy Thomas discussing strategy
Austin's best buddies- Molly and Thomas.  This was the best we could do at a group picture.
Trying to get a group pic of the hunters....

Austin decides he would rather not be in the group pic..typical!
Sunday morning we had a beautiful Easter service at church and then headed out to Mom and Dad's house for lunch.  Steve came in town to join us for lunch and play with A-man.


Playing at church
Thomas and Austin- they are bug huggers!
I painted Austin's Easter basket one night at 12am...can you say nesting??

Austin and Molly....waiting on a woman!


Hunting Easter eggs via Powerwheel at Grammy and Papa's house.  Thanks so much Mom for making a yummy Easter lunch for all of us!






No comments: