Life is a test. We are not present on earth to just exist; we are here to learn. Life is a lesson. Love one another unconditionally. Love thyself unconditionally. We spend our whole lives learning to do this. Some succeed and some never have a clue. I'm trying. Love my fellow man. Don't react and don't always have to be right. This is one I'll have to work on for the rest of my life. Appreciate each day and recognize positive and negative as a part of life's experiences. Look around me and see life at it's best. The joys of living come as you strive to achieve your dreams. Its the quality of each day that is important, not the distant dream once achieved. Teach and nurture my children. You can never give them too much love. -Randa Jex 1/1/94

Friday, June 29

Drive time




Mom and Dad recently moved into their new house out in the Beau Pre Country Club and it took a lot of getting used to having to drive THAT FAR.  It’s a whole 7 miles from our house but it feels like an eternity to us small-town folks that don’t spend more than 5 minute increments in the car on most days.  Zach still can’t understand why anyone would live SO FAR from downtown. I take Austin out there 3 days a week and I have started to appreciate that time in the car.  On my way there I get to chat with Austin about what he has planned for the day at Grammy & Papa’s.  He is quite the chatterbox in the morning and talks with his hands like his mommy. I can see the reflection in the car seat mirror of his little arms waving about as he illustrates his stories. 
Remember when we vowed the vows walked the walk
Gave our hearts, made the start, it was hard
lived and learned, life threw curves
There was joy, there was hurt
Remember when

Remember when the sound of little feet was the music
We danced to week to week
Brought back the love, we found trust
Vowed we'd never give it up
Remember when

Remember when thirty seemed so old
Now lookin' back, it's just a steppin' stone
To where we are, where we've been
Said we'd do it all again
Remember when

Remember when we said when we turned gray
When the children grow up and move away
We won't be sad, we'll be glad
For all the life we've had
And we'll remember when
Today one of my all-time favorite songs came on the radio while I was driving back to town - Alan Jackson’s Remember When.  Do you have a song that literally grabs a hold of your heart and soul as soon as you hear the first few notes.  Everytime I hear this one it brings a tear to my eye and warms my heart…. Here are my favorite parts:
 feel the heart-racing excitement of our wedding day and the vows we took with nervous hands yet calm hearts…….then I relive the moment I met the next love of my life, Austin, and the indescribable joy I feel hearing the music of his soft voice and his careful footsteps….next I totally relate to the part about “thirty seemed so old”, it did until last month when I realized it is just a wonderful stepping stone.

Then my 7 minutes of driving were up and as I pulled into the office I thought, man….God sure has blessed me with all the life I’ve had. 
Happy Friday everybody…… now go grab your iPod or an old CD and relive one of your all-time favorites, it will make your day!

1 comment:

The Borgman's said...

I cry everytime I hear that song! We are both very blessed!