Life is a test. We are not present on earth to just exist; we are here to learn. Life is a lesson. Love one another unconditionally. Love thyself unconditionally. We spend our whole lives learning to do this. Some succeed and some never have a clue. I'm trying. Love my fellow man. Don't react and don't always have to be right. This is one I'll have to work on for the rest of my life. Appreciate each day and recognize positive and negative as a part of life's experiences. Look around me and see life at it's best. The joys of living come as you strive to achieve your dreams. Its the quality of each day that is important, not the distant dream once achieved. Teach and nurture my children. You can never give them too much love. -Randa Jex 1/1/94

Tuesday, August 16

Holy moly I'm 1 month old!

This is me looking totally baffled by the fact that I am already 1 month old, practically ready for potty training and big wheels. Where did the time go?? I guess between mommy staring at me and daddy kissing me, I was distracted as the days flew by. Here are a few highlights of my life so far. I have started smiling a lot and it pretty much melts the heart of anyone watching. I also was born with an amazing internal clock. I can wake up from a dead sleep on the minute that it's time to eat to remind momma I'm ready to nurse. I have grown 2 inches this month and Grandpa Steve is already guessing at what college I will play basketball. I'm already wearing some of my 0-3 month outfits that were way too big for me a few weeks ago...in fact I laugh looking at this picture of myself the day I came home from the hospital because my diapers used to swallow me and now I fill them out (and fill them up) quite nicely.

Lately I have been following things with my eyes and today I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror and realized that I am indeed loosing some of the baby fat on my face but gaining a little milk belly.
Well, I'm off to celebrate my big 1st month birthday with a nightcap and a relaxing swaddle. I have to brag on my daddy who has one mean swaddle....it's awesome and it puts me right to sleep when he puts me in my crib at night.

1 comment:

"McShane" said...

I just want to get my hands on that little guy! He is way too cute. Heartbreaker already