Life is a test. We are not present on earth to just exist; we are here to learn. Life is a lesson. Love one another unconditionally. Love thyself unconditionally. We spend our whole lives learning to do this. Some succeed and some never have a clue. I'm trying. Love my fellow man. Don't react and don't always have to be right. This is one I'll have to work on for the rest of my life. Appreciate each day and recognize positive and negative as a part of life's experiences. Look around me and see life at it's best. The joys of living come as you strive to achieve your dreams. Its the quality of each day that is important, not the distant dream once achieved. Teach and nurture my children. You can never give them too much love. -Randa Jex 1/1/94

Wednesday, March 23

No good, very bad week...

I am an all around happy person and a positive blogger and I want to keep the blog that way so I won't bore you with the details of my crappy week...well except for one because it was all my fault. One of those, "Shannon, if you would have just taken your time this never would have happened" moments.

So I got really inspired Monday night, probably since my uber trashy tv show addiction to the bachelor came to an end with the finale the previous Monday. I decided I wanted to redecorate the entire upstairs. Yes, I have a tenancy to be overly ambitious. I am a fan of eclictic homes and I have never been too matchy-matchy. I think if everything in my home came from 2 stores I would die of boredom. Hey but some people are totally into that and to each, his own. Let me take my statement one step further, I appreciate eclecticism to a point but too much variety might make you want to scream or crawl into that one, safe room that Pottery Barn did give birth to 80% of it's contents. This is the feeling I get when I walk upstairs. Thank goodness I only have this feeling 3 times a day since a full time job, a bum knee and my new stitches (keep reading) have kept me away from the stairs at all costs.

A+ Eclectic


Verging on too eclectic for my tastes but still very pretty (I think...how would you dust all of it)


Eclectic gone wrong


Eclectic gone way wrong (what our upstairs is starting to look like)

The feeling started when we cleaned out the entire contents of one of the guest rooms in order to create the nursery. Now the furniture and accessories from that room are homeless. Some found comfort in the arms of the other guestrooms and some found comfort in the trashcan, but most of these items are either in the sitting area at the top of the stairs or in the back hall near my art studio. Insert freak out. Literally. Zach can vouch for how many times in just 3 weeks I have uttered one of the following phrases (in an overly-dramatic, hands thrashing in the air, 6 months pregnant kind of way) "throw it all away, get it out of my site, it's making me crazy, uhhhhhhhhggggg, light a match, this piece serves no purpose except stressing me out", etc. So Monday night, it was on like donky kong. My plan started with the art studio being overhauled. Now that the nursery is right next to it, I want it as calm, classy, and beautiful as the nursery (pictures to come in the next week or so!) I accomplished my mission in about 3 hours and was taking a bag of trash outside when all of the sudden....SLICE. The sound of my calf encountering a shard of glass in the trashbag. Have you ever seen a pregnant girl take off running, hurdle a staircase 3 steps at at time, and basically cartwheel into the shower...well my across the street neighbor now has. I got my leg into the shower just in time for the bloodfest. Wasn't pretty nor did it feel pretty. After about an hour of talking with Dr. Kellen and sending him pics of the wound he decided I needed to go to the ER and get stitches. So I spent my Monday night from 11pm-2am in the ER getting my first set of stitches. The comical doctor said, since you are pregnant you are bound to get them this year anyway. Not funny Doc. If you don't like to see exposed tissue don't look...

Pretty good stitches for a small town ER!

So my lesson is learned...slow down and ask for help. I am now on Daddy Zach's Prego Probation for the 2nd time in 3 weeks. He said only delegating from here on out...hahah we will see how long that lasts. I will wear him out will all my projects in no time!

1 comment:

The Borgman's said...

Yowzers woman! I can at any time sew someonE up but get that needle away from me! To make your day better: You are not alone in the "stubborn" department. I am too a person of no reason and I do it when ever and how ever. Don't feel alone...we are more alike then you think! Get that leg healed up! Poor Zach...and the projects ahead of time (as I smile while typing)!!!!Get WELL! :)