Life is a test. We are not present on earth to just exist; we are here to learn. Life is a lesson. Love one another unconditionally. Love thyself unconditionally. We spend our whole lives learning to do this. Some succeed and some never have a clue. I'm trying. Love my fellow man. Don't react and don't always have to be right. This is one I'll have to work on for the rest of my life. Appreciate each day and recognize positive and negative as a part of life's experiences. Look around me and see life at it's best. The joys of living come as you strive to achieve your dreams. Its the quality of each day that is important, not the distant dream once achieved. Teach and nurture my children. You can never give them too much love. -Randa Jex 1/1/94

Thursday, March 31

6 Months Pregnant, time to shower him with gifts!

Well we are 6 months into this pregnancy and as Becky tells me, I need to be thankful for how well it is going. And I am! This past week was full of excitement and our family got to share a HUGE milestone with my dad….. he announced his retirement from Exxon!!! After 37 years with the company he is finally going to enjoy the nest egg he has worked so hard for! I see traveling, relaxing runs, and lots of grandchildren on his agenda! Another piece of fabulous news that we can finally share is they are planning to move to Natchez in June. They are looking for a house to rent for a year as they decide when and where to settle for good. Baby Jex is so happy he won’t stop kicking! Now, all 4 of his grandparents are within either a few minutes or a few hours of him.

Tomorrow I am heading to Houston to see family and friends and to have my first baby shower! I am dying to see my best friend Lauren and her sweet babies (one here and one on the way!) and all my grandparents! It is incredible to think that in 3 months our little man will get to meet his 3 grandparents and 3 great-grandparents! I can’t wait to see what adorable things our little man gets! Hope they have a huge box of Kleenex ready, I’m a crier these days!

25 week Update

How many weeks/days remaining: 15 weeks (105 days)
Expected Due Date: July 15, 2011
Next Dr. Appointment: April 13

Size of baby: almost 2 lbs and 9"- an eggplant.

Total Weight Gain/Loss: Gained 13lbs

Workout: none last week due to stitches but I am not back in my routine

Movement: This little guy is all over the place especially when I am laying down at night or when music is playing, he especially likes Dancing with the Stars (as much as his daddy hates to admit it)

Pregnancy Highlights: Okay I’m gonna say it, I love being pregnant. It is the most fulfilling feeling you can imagine and you are constantly reminded that you are creating life each time you feel a kick or move.

Symptoms: Forgetfulness and Clumsiness! I actually forget how clumsy I am until I attempt to do something and hurt myself or break something.

Best Moment this week: Natchez has become an episode of Lifetime’s ‘One Born Every Minute’. On Monday our friends Jennifer and Scott welcomed Reene into the world and on Tuesday our friends Amanda and Ryan welcomed John Zachary. Now we are awaiting the arrival of Miss Stella Roberts (Bettye Jane and Charlie’s little girl) and Molly McLemore (Laura and Scott’s little girl). We visited Reene when she came home and she is just amazing and Scott and Jenn were so comfortable like they had been parents forever. There are going to be so many little ones in Natchez for our little guy to play with. We feel so blessed to have wonderful friends being blessed by healthy babies.


No comments: