Life is a test. We are not present on earth to just exist; we are here to learn. Life is a lesson. Love one another unconditionally. Love thyself unconditionally. We spend our whole lives learning to do this. Some succeed and some never have a clue. I'm trying. Love my fellow man. Don't react and don't always have to be right. This is one I'll have to work on for the rest of my life. Appreciate each day and recognize positive and negative as a part of life's experiences. Look around me and see life at it's best. The joys of living come as you strive to achieve your dreams. Its the quality of each day that is important, not the distant dream once achieved. Teach and nurture my children. You can never give them too much love. -Randa Jex 1/1/94

Saturday, December 11

Happy 30th Zach!

2 posts in one day...can you tell I am procrastinating from getting into the art studio and doing a million things.
this is Uncle Zach "eating" Julia Claire's arm...she just loves him and giggles so much! Sorry it's fuzzy I am terrible with the fancy camera.

On December 8, we celebrated Zach's 30th birthday! The day started with a huge breakfast of eggs, bacon, buscuits, fruit (not sure who was happier me or Z...I love eating big breakfasts these days) Then that night Kellen and Becky came in town and we all went out to Pearl Street for dinner!! It was so yummy and Julia Claire was the happiest little munchkin at dinner! While we discussed everything you could imagine about babies, birth (according to Med-school Kellen), pregnancy, and everything else to expect... Jules sat there quietly eating her blueberries, ice cubes and clattering about animals and stars. I hate to be partial but I think she is so adorable and growing into the prettiest little girl!
Every time I see her I feel like she has grown so much I wish we could just freeze time but also it is so fun hearing her talk and learn and she is really taking in the world. Let's just hope she wasn't absorbing any of the dinner table convo! Then it was back to our house for ice cream cake! It was a wonderful night and I think Zach liked spending his big 30 having a low key night with a few of his favorite people! For his big 30, I bought Zach a couch for the study...we got a call the day it was supposed to be delivered saying we were entered into a drawing with all the purchasers from Thanksgiving weekend and we won a flat screen HDTV!! We never win anything and I was so excited. So now we have a new couch in the study and a flat screen in our bedroom!

1 comment:

"McShane" said...

Been catching up on my Jex Jots while Little Miss eats her dinner. . .

First, Happy belated to Zach!!! What a great way to turn 30, knowing you are going to be a daddy soon. . . .

Second, Julia Claire is insanely cute!! And that girl has more hair than I would even know what to do with!! Well, okay, maybe I could handle it but maybe it would be harder to manage on a toddler!

Lastly, I got teary eyed reading all your baby to be updates. I am way too excited for you. I cannot wait to see that belly grow!!! And that baby!!!