Life is a test. We are not present on earth to just exist; we are here to learn. Life is a lesson. Love one another unconditionally. Love thyself unconditionally. We spend our whole lives learning to do this. Some succeed and some never have a clue. I'm trying. Love my fellow man. Don't react and don't always have to be right. This is one I'll have to work on for the rest of my life. Appreciate each day and recognize positive and negative as a part of life's experiences. Look around me and see life at it's best. The joys of living come as you strive to achieve your dreams. Its the quality of each day that is important, not the distant dream once achieved. Teach and nurture my children. You can never give them too much love. -Randa Jex 1/1/94

Friday, December 17

2 Steps forward, one step back...

Zach's dad was in town for a few things today so I told him to bring his work clothes and I was gonna put him and Zach to work. It was such a nice surprise to come home at lunch to all the Jex men, including Kellen, awaiting their duties. Man I could get used to this whole "not lifting a finger" lifestyle that accompanies pregnancy. I was so proud of us for being proactive and moving furniture around between the rooms long before the baby gets here so we don't leave it till the last minute. The tasks at hand were:
1) Disassemble bunk beds in back bedroom
2) Disassemble queen bed in 3rd bedroom (aka nursery)
3) Put one of bunk beds in attic and reassemble the other one in the 3rd bedroom (aka nursery).
4) Reassemble queen bed in back bedroom
5) Get rocking horse out of attic that Zach's dad hand made in college

Well everything was going great and beds were getting moved, rocking horse came down (and may I say it is the cutest thing I have ever seen)....and then
BAAM
... [insert Zach's scream].

I ran into the hallway from the back bedroom and screamed up into the attic..."Zach are you okay" and then from the attic I hear Kellen say...."ohhhhhhhh s*it". I slowly walk into the nursery hoping not to see what I am expecting to see and sure enough...2 long legs hanging from the ceiling, braced only by one crossbeam that caught Zach at the knee and was preventing him from falling another 13 feet to the floor. I can't go into detail about the next few minutes because I think my body blocked it out for the babies sake. All I know is Kellen helped hoist him up from the hole without managing to fall through with him and I was so relieved. Zach came down with a sore neck but no scrapes or bruises (yet) and no broken bones...again all thanks to that one little crossbeam that prevented the major SPLAT. As soon as we realized he was okay I just wanted to punch him for being careless because I need him for a very long time and so does this baby...now is not the time to go hurting himself. But I realized it wasn't his fault...we was after all carrying a huge bed frame in a dark attic. So I guess you can say Zach escaped death yet again.... now we just have to get a sheetrocker over here the week of Christmas...right! I know it may seem silly but today made be so grateful it was not worse and it made me feel so thankful for a healthy husband to "carry" half of my load in life, I don't know what I would do without that guy!

1 comment:

Lisha said...

ahhh...first let me say that I hope z isn't too badly hurt but i totally laughed at this one...sorry Z! At least this happened now and not 30 weeks from now... i hope the bruising and soreness aren't too bad....maybe you should also hire an electrician to put a light in the attic! if baby j has as many clothes as elle does, you will need a light in the attic for as many times as you will be crawling up there with storage bins filled to the brim with clothes he/she has outgrown. miss you!